• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone got bats yet?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The little flying mousey types, not the cricket ones.

Saw my 1st 2 last night whizzing around over the garden.

northshoreniall

Was stood in the middle of 2 or 3 feeding down the park couple nights ago when walking the dog – I could happily stand all night and watch them 🙂

franksinatra

First rule of having bats in your loft is don’t tell anyone you have bats in your loft

bubs

I have seen a number commuting but have yet to see any feeding. I am hoping our bat box gets visitors later on in the month. We are very lucky as our garden sees two types of Pip, Noctules and Long eared browns.

northshoreniall

Where are they commuting to? And more importantly, what were they riding?

bearnecessities

Battery powered ones.

bubs

Winter roosts to summer feeding areas…and one of these Bat bike obviously.

cranberry
    Free Member

Yep – saw them around my place about a month ago.

Not sure how many bugs there can be 12 floors up, but they do fly around at twilight.

dawson

Had one fluttering alongside at head height while on a night ride last week

zanelad
    Free Member

See a few zapping around at twilight for a couple of weeks now. See them for 5 minutes or so and then they disappear.

pondo

Anything you can do to attract them to your garden, other than a bat box? Saw some a few summers ago but not recent, like.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Amazed to see one about 5pm a couple of weeks back. Pretty much broad daylight, as I was cycling along a canal towpath; admittedly it was under a canopy of trees, but a great sight and my first of the year!

bubs

[/quote]Anything you can do to attract them to your garden, other than a bat box? Saw some a few summers ago but not recent, like.

See Bats in your garden

funkmasterp

I used to live in a flat within a converted mill near the river Calder. The best thing about living there was having bats right outside the living room window. Mrs Funkmaster and I would watch them for hours.

Sadly we don’t get any where we live now.

blitz

We’ve got a couple that fly around the gardens here at dusk. Saw them a couple of weeks ago for the first time this year. Love watching them.

pk13

Non yet and only a few last year.
    Love sitting in the garden with a brew just after the swifts go to roost the bats came out. I’ve dug two bucket ponds into ground to see if I can get a bigger insect population flying round.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got bats yet?’ is closed to new replies.