Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone got any "Quotemehappy" horror stories ?
  • scaredypants

That time of year again for me, including the inflated renewal from current insurer

V cheap offer from “QMH” – cover includes bikes to named value, new for old etc, all seems good

Am I missing anything ?

k-sugden
    Free Member

Check to see who the underwriter is, I think its Avia in which case you should be ok.

scaredypants

cheers – “arranged by” aviva, apparently

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Aviva who used to be Norwich Union. Their insured hit my car, told me they insured him and gave me his policy number so I went to make a claim. Norwich Union flat-out denied they insured him so I went round to see him and fisticuffs ensued. Turns out they did insure the chap but had, and I quote, an “oopsy”. Yeah the sort of oopsy that got me attacked.

Probably says little about them nowadays though, I doubt they’re appreciably shitter than the rest of them.

jam-bo

Did they tell you to go round and see him?

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

No they didn’t. I had third party T&P cover and my company weren’t interested in following it up. After a month of waiting for the Police to get me his details something had to done.

Jakester
    Free Member

Struggling to see how you getting into a fight with someone is their insurer’s fault…

QMH is an Aviva brand; just bear in mind they’re a low-cost insurer so you gets what you pays for.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Yeah it is a bit tenuous to be fair.

dannybgoode

FWIW (and note I am an underwriter) I went with John Lewis. Bizarrely they are RSA backed and I (currently) work for RSA and their cover was better and cheaper than I could get via the company directly using my staff discount.

Much better cover for valuables away from home and much better options for bikes etc. I was very pleasantly surprised with the package and price I got.

Note no vested interest – I will go with whoever offers the best cover and a decent price but I do know RSA are very good at paying claims. Ranked number 2 in the UK (behind Hiscox I think) and pay 98.5% of all household claims without a fuss.

mudshark
    Free Member

I use Quotemehappy for my car insurance and they dealt with my 2 accidents last year no problem, even got a private investigator involved as they suspected foul play from the other party in one of the ‘accidents’ (the other was a hit’n’run). Although not at fault I got stuck with blame on both but protected no-claims has kept me OK.

BTW, I have house insurance with Barclays who paid out fine on a bike smashed in a club run crash and also on a leaking water pipe which they could have ducked out of really – also a lost ring.

glenh
    Free Member

mudshark – Member
    I use Quotemehappy for my car insurance and they dealt with my 2 accidents last year no problem, even got a private investigator involved as they suspected foul play from the other party in one of the ‘accidents’ (the other was a hit’n’run). Although not at fault I got stuck with blame on both but protected no-claims has kept me OK.

BTW, I have house insurance with Barclays who paid out fine on a bike smashed in a club run crash and also on a leaking water pipe which they could have ducked out of really – also a lost ring.

Sounds like you really need insurance!

glenh
    Free Member

scaredypants

Interesting reading – I’ll brush up on the old MMA skills in case anyone drops round for a chat 😯

DannyB, any idea where I can see this league table, or else can you say how QMH ranks ?

NZCol

I used Pedalcover recently to do my houses and contents – better cover underwritten by a mix of Aviva and someone else that I can’t remember but mainstream.

nedrapier

Pedal cover are Axa, I think. News to me if Aviva do some too. I’ve got my renewal coming up so I’ll ask them.

skids
    Free Member

quote me happy is managed online that is why it is cheaper

dannybgoode

DannyB, any idea where I can see this league table, or else can you say how QMH ranks ?

Will try and dig it out. QMH is just Aviva like More>Than is just RSA. They’re pretty good to be fair.

As I say main reason I went with John Lewis is their personal possession cover away from home and cycle cover is very generous indeed outside of the bespoke high net worth type policies.

mudshark
    Free Member

Sounds like you really need insurance!

He, he. I’ve had some bad luck over the last few years but not a lot before that – oh there was the time some drunk lads decided to climb onto my roof and broke some tiles when I lived in a terrace house in London.

grtdkad

Interesting Dannybgoode. I’ve used M&S in the past and am currently with John Lewis however their renewal rate has just shot up to £900 per year!

There are a few expensive bikes in the house so I may be stuck with JL (I don’t appear to be able to get anything from the M&S quote engine at the moment). Will try Pedalcovers Home & Cycle cover and see how they compare.

Incidentally quite frustrated with GoCompare – after patiently inputting all of the bikes’ details and getting excited by a load of cheap quotes found that any bike over £2k had been ignored. Bu66ers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any "Quotemehappy" horror stories ?’ is closed to new replies.