Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone got any idea how a dmr chieftain mkll bottom bracket goes together?
  • willy
    Free Member

soo i finally managed to get a new bottom bracket for my dmr chieftain mkll crankset owever i dont have a clue how it goes back together theres fa too many parts??!! i really should have thought about it when i took it to bit….. anyone any ideas/photos/explanations/where i can find out?
    thanks

bassspine
    Free Member

dunno, spend 30 seconds googling for dmr’s website?

willy
    Free Member

ah thanks for bein cocky nob cheese however that doent really help in any way!! because its not on there!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if its a BMX BB then its straightforeward

press cups into frame

pres bearings into cups

rubber mallet the axel through (some may need the axel putting in before the bearings)

put the NDS crank on, tighten up the axel bolt, tighten up the pinch bolt, hammer the arm on a few more times to make sure its all the way on.

put the chairing on the DS arm (might need a spacer between chainsing and crank), slide it ont the other side tighten the axel bolt

look for a gap between the chaining/BB, guess how many spacers will fit in the gap, the aim is to add spacers till the chainring is held in position and the bearings are slightly pre loaded (and the whole lot doesnt creek)

hope that helps.

willy
    Free Member

thanks mr thisisnotaspoon very helpfull!! ill have another go with those guidelines and see what i can come up with. cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone got any idea how a dmr chieftain mkll bottom bracket goes together?’ is closed to new replies.