Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got any free helmets?
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

Thought I’d just ask as I’ve got a friend into mountain biking and he’s extremely poor (I’m not a rich prick, we’re just students), we’ve managed to sort out a bike for him but I’m looking for charitable donations now! If anyone has a decent old trail helmet knocking around that you’d be willing to give or sell for pennies to my mate it’d be greatly appreciated. I will cover all costs associated with postage so that no one has to lose out! I just measured up his head and it’s 56.5cm which is pretty tiny I know!

I feel cheeky asking but if you don’t ask you don’t get!

Cheers.

binners

Where are you? I’ve got a Giro Animas they can have. Just needs a new set of pads. One of these

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can pick up a helmet fairly cheaply (£20) that will do the same job as an expensive one. I’d not be wanting to use someones cast off helmet, may as well not bother with one at all.

stumpy01

I’ve got a Bell Sweep (I think that’s what it’s called) that is sat in a cupboard not being used.

I replaced it with a Uvex helmet, but the Bell wasn’t very old and it seemed a shame to sling it in the bin so it’s just sat in the cupboard since.

Never been crashed, dropped or raced, guv. It’s a medium so should be OK size-wise.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

You can get a brand new Giro MTB helmet on CRC for £14.99..just saying.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you can wait a little bit it’d be a perfect Xmas present from a family member. Better than some tat you don’t need and I’m sure they’d be happier to buy something like this.

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABUS-LANE-U-HELMET-M-L-56-62CM-SRP-54-99-/321802550023

£5 for a helmet here. As above I’d not go for a used helmet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any free helmets?’ is closed to new replies.