Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got any experience of transgender pupil issues in a primary school?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Be interested to hear how the school accommodated them.

Cheers.

brassneck

Was an article in the Guardian Weekend a couple of weeks back – might be a worth a trawl through their site?

project
    Free Member

This may be of intrest,

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/13620644/schools-transgender_guidance_booklet-2015.pdf

Some intresting stuff most of us would be unaware of, just be aware the child is going through a really traumatic period of their life and requires support from staff and fellow pupils.

A very brave child to come out, best wishes to them.

Hicksy
    Free Member

There’s a program on Channel 4 tonight about transgender kids which may be of interest too.

ianfitz
    Free Member

A great response from pupils at an American school with a trans prom queen. Westborough baptist church brought there hate to town and were chased off my a massive counter demonstration!

No practical help but worth looking at

jamj1974

Child or adult – I can only imagine the courage needed to deal with this.

allthegear
    Free Member

Most schools are pretty good these days, I understand. Contact Mermaids (http://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/) who know far more than I do.

Happy to chat any time, though. Twitter and email in profile.

Rachel (very happy trans woman)

project
    Free Member

Be interested to hear how the school accommodated them

toilets, changing rooms, sports and games, male or female birth name, changed to gender reassignment name, press looking for a story, teachers lack of concern, other parents and kids interaction,discrimination and bullying,and so much more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any experience of transgender pupil issues in a primary school?’ is closed to new replies.