Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone got an NS Eccentric?
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Looking at new hard tail trail frames in 650b flavour.

Been looking at the new Commencal Meta HT, 45650b, and spotted this Eccentric on CRC.

Looks good value and has the bonus of a bolt through axle. But anyone ridden one or have any feedback? The 67.5 HA seems a little steeper than the competition?

scandal42
    Free Member

Must admit the frame looks super nice.

Be interested in any rider reviews as well.

imnotverygood

Yes. I love it, but running it as 26″. This means the BB is extremely low. I think at some point I’ll have to change to 650b as the risk of pedal strikes is extremely high. As it stands it feels very planted, climbs extremely well and corners beautifully. I also love the way it looks, but then that is pretty personal.

scandal42
    Free Member

Anyone else?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Singletrack monkey of this parish has one. It reset nice. He’s not too active though. I think he posted up once he completed the build.

superstu
    Free Member

It got a fairly poor review in MBR iirc…they suggested something like the whyte 901 would be a better bet. Not tried either though (just thought that may be helpful).

pigyn
    Free Member

My guess the MBR review would be about the off the peg bike. The frame deserves better. It’s not a BAD build, but can be so much nicer. We built this to show it off – Eccentric custom

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You’re right. The MBR review focuses on the total build. Most of the negative comments are from the effects of components.

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Hi chris
    Here’s mine:

It’s a great frame. I got let down by on-one on a 45650b and i’m glad they did. It’s now running some Pikes and a Reverb.

ade9933
    Free Member

Nice – what size Pikes are you running?

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

150mm 650b RCT3

ade9933
    Free Member

looks great, loving that split colour.

how are you finding it for climbs / descending / rough stuff / snakey singletrack etc?

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

I’m still getting used to it as i’ve been on my full suss all summer.
    It’s had a few good rides now and i’m really impressed with it all round.
    I’ve got no problems with how it climbs, it’s 27.6 lbs so feels really nimble.
    Descends well though I need to loosen up a bit as there no rear suspension under me (learning to ride hard tail again)
    It’s got quite a compact rear end so it does fly on single track.
    Like I said, it’s still early days for me on it but overall i’m impressed

ade9933
    Free Member

Nice one. thanks for the brief review 🙂

I have a 456C (non evo) as my HT plaything. Love the carbon, would like a bit more slackness.

Currently eyeing up the Stanton Switchback… this is in the running too.

chrisdw
    Free Member

It does look good. Is that the 16″ frame?

I havent ordered one yet. Going on holiday in Jan with the bike so going to give the full sus one last bash before getting another hard tail. And this looks like the one! Or a Shan! But they are going to be pricy I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an NS Eccentric?’ is closed to new replies.