Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone got an Ifor Williams trailer?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a used one and I’m trying to figure out what the smallish (about 10″) rectangular ‘tank’ underneath the floor is?
    Some thing to do with the brakes? Or is mine just odd?

Stoner
    Free Member
    Sandwich

Cigarette compartment for the black market.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Stashing red diesel

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Ultrasonic pikey deterrent

timbur
    Free Member

My wheel mounts to the side (GD105)
    It’s on loan at present so can’t check under it.
    Bloody great trailers.
    Tim

finishthat
    Free Member

pay close attention to the brakes – the linings delaminate from the shoes,
    do not even lookup the price Ifor charge for the replacement shoes – there are plenty of alternative suppliers.

welshfarmer

Assuming it is a proper tank you have, with fittings etc for pipes, then it may well be part of an old hydraulic tipping system.

Otherwise no idea

welshfarmer

And ditto on the brakes. NEVER leave it parked with the handbrake left on. Even then if not used for a wile the brakes will stick on if you reversed it into its’ parking spot.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

We have quite a few and out of all the trailer manufacturers we find the IW stuff far superior.

Could be any of the above, long shot but if it is a boat trailer it could have been fitted with a brake flushing kit to allow you to flush the brakes out with fresh water if the trailer has been reversed into salt water etc.

timber

Old or new IWT? And is it a tipper?
    Don’t remember seeing any under our fixed bed or tilt bed, but have got an early IWT on another farm.
    May be a shield on one of ours to protect the brake cable junctions from crap, but not a box

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s a GD85 trailer.

Mystery solved anyhoo:
    I was having a go at the built-in lights this afternoon as not of them were working (turned out to have been disconnected in the junction box) and I opened up an additional tailight clusterat the back and instead of bulbs I found a GPS Tracker!
    I followed its power lead and lo and behold it went into the mystery tank. Seems it was used as a backup battery for the tracker!

I’ll be taking it off anyway as I think the beck could do with replacing. Is it just a single 18mm sheet of phenolic ply?

CountZero

IW trailers are pretty much all you see around Wiltshire for any serious carrying of stuff. I like the idea of a built in tracker with hidden power supply, it’s not unusual to see reports in the local paper of thefts from yards using the trailer to drive off with riding kit or whatever.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a Chinese gps tracker hard wired into the Landrover. Always on and hidden out of sight. I can call it and hang up and it will text me it’s location, it can be ordered to send a bread crumb trail to a server, turn on a microphone or alert if it moves more than a certain distance from a set point, or exceeds a certain speed, or even on motion detection. All in a box a little bigger than a zippo lighter and for £30.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an Ifor Williams trailer?’ is closed to new replies.