Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone got an idea for a team building activity?
  • ross980
    Free Member

I’ve been ‘volunteered’ to run a team building type activity at work for about 20 people. It needs to last 15min and preferably not use too many materials (none if possible). Bullshit Bingo is out. Any other ideas?

Cheers

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pick on the fat* guy?

*other distinguishing features are available.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Soggy biscuit game? naked twister?

RustyMac

Car park football and use the bosses cars as goal posts for being cheap gits?

metcalt

One block of wood, 13 decent sized nails.

Put one nail sticking out of the wood and tell the team they have to balance the others on the head of that one without them touching anything else. One that leaves people thinking for a while and kicking themselves when you show them how to do it.

Answer here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFPYsUAK6ys

donsimon
    Free Member

Put one nail sticking out of the wood and tell the team they have to balance the others on the head of that one without them touching anything else. One that leaves people thinking for a while and kicking themselves when you show them how to do it.

What will they do for the other 14 minute 45 seconds?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Take it in turns to voice what you hate about your jobs and boss. A great team exercise where in most cases it is easy to get everyone to join in 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Everyone to leave work 15 minutes early and go for a pint.

yossarian
    Free Member

Badger baiting

joao3v16
    Free Member

From my experience, mention the phrase ‘team building exercise’ and everyone immediately switches off and the overall effect is the opposite of team building.

Best thing you can do is go to a pub/bar for an hour.

Or do something else in a normal social environment, rather than some contrived exercise is a sterile conference room.

(Can you tell I loathe team building exercises?)

yunki
    Free Member

MDMA..?

or bare knuckle fighting and/or extreme tequila drinking

binners

joao3v16 is bang on! If anyone mentioned the words ‘team building exercise’ to me, I’d go to the extreme of hospitalising myself, possibly by hacking off a digit, rather than have anything to do with it.

We’re English FFS! Its our national duty to look awkward in our work colleagues company, and avoid social contact at all costs. This kind of thing, quite frankly, should be left to those frightful Americans

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’d go to the extreme of hospitalising myself, possibly by hacking off a digit,

my cousins ex bandsawed (verb?) his finger off as his manager wouldn’t let him have the afternoon off. spent it up the hospital. 😯

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Golden showers. Builds trust and breaks down barriers.

FuzzyWuzzy

15 minutes is pretty pointless, it will take you that long just to get 20 people formed up somewhere (an hour if they’re public sector + you’ll probably have 50 forms to fill in). Any team building crap is mostly a waste of time but at least try and do it properly if you’re going to bother and make people suffer through it for half a day or more.

totalshell

set up a glory hole..

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rguQFPnPIYc&feature=related[/video]

LsD
    Free Member

Wicker Man.

TiRed

Hired two narrowboats for the day and took a nice picnic. Worked wonders for my team.

For 15 min? Something with straws, pins and a brick is fun.

40mpg

Pick a contentious subject from the office – ie bonuses.

Get everyone to write on post-it notes the reason why they should have one. Stick themn on teh wall and sort into groups of similar responses.

Next, ask them how they think the company should generate the cash to pay the bonuses, and post up the responses.

Take the best reasons and ideas, and nominate someone to go present them to the MD.

Everyone’s a winner*, and you’re jobs done for you.

*except, perhaps, the nominee

bwaarp
    Free Member

Take them to into the fens/highlands/anywhere remote. Remove a paintball gun from your car and tell them to run?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Sit them down for 15 minutes and ask them to blue sky think/brainstorm/ mind map 15 minute team building exercises,

cranberry
    Free Member

There are plenty of good ideas in here:

I think that most of them take more than 15 mins though. 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an idea for a team building activity?’ is closed to new replies.