Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got an Exposure Toro?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Has anyone got a Mk4 or mk5 Exposure Toro? Interested to know what the beam pattern and spread is like.compared to an earlier Maxx d, say a mk3 version.

Cheers

Ricks

rickon
    Free Member

Anyone who’s not watching bake off havw a Toro?

jimjam
    Free Member

The newer ones do have a wider beam. I wouldn’t just class it as much of a flood as a maxxd though. I don’t know if they’ve changed the optics or if just because of the extra power. Same for the Diablo.

rickon
    Free Member

Interesting indeed, the narrow beam was the reason why I’ve always stalled with the Toro. Even though it’s a really good size, decent battery life and good weight.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I have a Toro Mk4 . The beam is narrow in my opinion but I’ve nothing to compare it to that is recent from Exposure. It was an insurance replacement for an (original) Enduro that got nicked. I ride with a Joystick on the helmet as well anyway but the few times I’ve tried to go with just the Toro corners at speed on downhills are interesting.

The only comparison I can make is to a L&M Seca 1500 an the Toro beam is much tighter.

mboy
    Free Member

Hi Scott

Toro is noticably narrower beam than the Maxx-D. Or at least the Mk3 Toro I have here is compared to a Maxx-D.

The new 2015 versions all have XM-L’s in not XP-G’s, and hugely increased outputs. They also have a beam pattern comparison tool on their website.

FWIW, I think the Maxx-D is worth the small amount extra over the Toro for proper offroad use. If it’s for less technical offroad riding, racing or commuting, then the Toro is lighter, cheaper and more than good enough. But I definitely prefer my Maxx-D.

jimjam
    Free Member

rickon
    Interesting indeed, the narrow beam was the reason why I’ve always stalled with the Toro.

Don’t. I’m still very happy with my mk2 Diablo. I use it on it’s own for “proper dh” at night. Very few people ride these trails at night, I don’t have a problem with them, even with a mere 900 lumen spot.

I’ve recently had a lend of a mk6 Diablo and had a play about with some of the other models in the range. The toro and diablo are classed as spots, but you are still talking about a central beam of maybe 12ft or more, with a huge bleed off that.

rickon
    Free Member

I should add, the reason why I’m looking at Exposure again is because I just can’t mount my battery pack for my Gloworm X2 on my Five29 without some rubbing issues.

mboy
    Free Member

Incidentally, if you want to try a Toro on the cheap, drop me a message… Jess mainly uses it right now for a weekly evening road ride, but it’s hardly been used at all from new. Going to upgrade to a light with a broader beam pattern for her to use offroad more than likely soon.

doglover
    Free Member

minor hyjack – mboy ygm re bor hubs. Thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an Exposure Toro?’ is closed to new replies.