Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got an Ariel 14 or 16x that hasn't gone back for new bushings/pivots
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Reports on here appear to be a bit grim.Anyone got one that actually works as i’m thinking about buying a 2014 16 x frame.
    Cheers all..

bullroar
    Free Member

You could have a look at this thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/saracen-would-you

My 14X is probably going back, 3rd time it has had the problem with the bushes in less than a year. For me the bike is sufficiently good to give it a second chance with a new frame.

tomhughes46

151 here. Rides brilliantly but would NOT recommend buying one unless you like changing bushes every fortnight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toppers3933
    Free Member

The issue was that norglide changed the spec of the bush without actually telling Saracen. I’m told this has now been sorted and new bushes to remedy the situation should be available soon. They’re doing final testing at the moment.

rj
    Free Member

I have a 2011 that’s had zero issues.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yer i know the problem.Just hope you can get them easily so save stripping and sending the frame back many many times..

bullroar
    Free Member

toppers, can you give the basis for what you say? Not doubting it but it might be helpful in my upcoming discussions.

psycorp
    Free Member

Had my 16x 3 months and OK so far……..

robhughes
    Free Member

Where did you get your frame from psycorp.
    Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an Ariel 14 or 16x that hasn't gone back for new bushings/pivots’ is closed to new replies.