Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got an Alps bike, just for their week away!
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

I have been thinking how to improve the Alps experience by altering the setup. I obviously change the tires and tubes as standard. But what else do you do?

I have always taken my own bike but always think I wish I was ragging that huge downhill hire bike my mates have hired. So got to thinking does anyone have a different frame or complete bike they use just for the alps.

I am always put off hire bikes by the fact I have fine tuned my taste in setup and components over the years.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My big hit gets used more in 1 week in the alps than in the other 51 weeks combined. Daren’t risk my sub-5 as it is so good to ride at home…

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Well thats the thing I have a Mojo and a p7, took the Mojo last year but it’s not really an Alps bike.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I also once bought a DH bike in Winter, sorted it, took it to the alps for a week then sold it for a profit when I got back…

alpin
    Free Member

when people say “alp bike” what do they mean exactly?

the people i rode with last year had similar set-ups to uk trails bikes; prehaps heftier tyres and tubes.

pics would be helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got an Alps bike, just for their week away!’ is closed to new replies.