Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got a Wii U?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

How do you find it. Worth getting over a Wii?

I know a PS3/4 etc are probably much better but it’s mainly used by my 4 & 8 year old girls so it’ll have to stay Nintendo.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I bought one a month ago and have disconnected my 360 since as I love it that much. Far better with the controller than the Wii IMHO.

MrsToast
    Free Member

We decided to hold off getting a PS4 or Xbone – early adopters always get shafted. The price drops massively in the first year or so (in the case of the Xbone, within months), and early machines always have those little niggles (red ring of death, yellow light of doom, etc).

Instead, we got a Wii U (well, technically it’s the husband’s, I bought it him for his birthday) and it’s amazing fun. There isn’t a huge number of games, but the ones that are out are amazing, plus there’s more on the horizon (like Bayonetta 2, but that’s probably not for the OP’s daughters).

It’s great for multiplayer action – I really can’t recommend Mario 3d World enough, and that’s from somebody who traditionally has been a bit ‘meh’ about Mario games. Another big advantage is that it’s backwards compatible with all of the Wii games, so that’s a lot of additional games. Let me know if you want a copy of Bratz: Girlz Really Rock or Spongbob Squarepantis Atlantis… 😛

LMT
    Free Member

Yep has some great games:

Mario 3d world
    Pikmin 3
    Donkey Kong: Tropical freeze, its tough in places but a great game!

And coming soon Mario Kart, might be a trend of mario games there, other games which are good and can be found cheap are Batman: AA its a great conversion, i don’t have any others yet. I do use the wii u more than the ps4 (yep early adopter getting shafted!!)

Tom83

Not forgetting Lego City!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

They are great fun but I expect bundles will get better soon as units need shifting. A mate in the know thinks better bundles will be offered around Easter but RRPs to stay the same. I think given your children’s age they will enjoy it but adults may get bored quickly at the limited range if games.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Wii U?’ is closed to new replies.