• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got a Whyte M109 – any good?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Looking at going 29er FS after being on 26in Turner Flux for 10 years, and the 109CS and 109C Team have had some great reviews over the last couple of years.

My riding is mixed: long distance mtb, 24hr solos, forest singletrack and fireroads, steep ups and downs, all sorts really.

Do you have one? What’s it like? Looking to demo as soon as possible, as well as others.

z1ppy

Quick go on the old model, I thought it rapid (like my superlight) willing you to ride faster.. though more conservative geo than the T-129 mean it’s won’t be as much fun (as the 129) on the DH’s. Not suggest it’s rubbish DH, as it definitely more progressive geometry than most XC 29er’s.

Whyte Bikes are doing a Demo day on Nov 3rd at FOD, but my LBS listing suggest no 109’s, if this is of any use location wise, maybe hassle whyte via their FB page to see if they can provide a 109. Otherwise get onto your local dealer, to ask the rep about a demo bike, my LBS managed to get a T-129 demo bike in for another customer and I stole it for a couple of days.

PS: I’m torn, the T-129 is the geo I want fast and fun but really does feel like more travel than it has, the M-109 felt fast as **** but I wasn’t sure it had the ‘fun’ factor, I want from my next FS (would have liked a longer demo on the M-109 but now it gone carbon the cost is more than I’m interested in spending).

velopete
    Free Member

Were do you live, we have Demo 129’s and should be able to sort a M109 as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    adsh
    Free Member

I have a flux and am replacing it with a Spearfish for the same use. 2014 frames are £1,000 at Triton. Not riddden it yet but people seem to like them and it’s a DW design.

Hanky

I’ve got a 2014 M109c and very happy with it. It’s my first 29er and with carbon frame I was surprised how light it was. I bought to race XC and for endurance events, it”s a fast bike, it’s just the rider that needs to get faster now!.

See a few details on thread below: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whyte-m109

StuE
    Free Member

2 rides in on mine,bought frame s/h built up with 120m travel Fox forks and Hope wheels with Stans Crest rims, my first 29er and liking it so far

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Whyte M109 – any good?’ is closed to new replies.