Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • anyone got a Vitus escarpe 29 pro 2016?
  • jpacey
    Free Member

any good?

diplomatt
    Free Member

Been riding my Escarpe 290 for a year now. Bought frame and built up with my own kit. Looks like a well thought out design. It’s been fairly well abused but seems to be holding up well although did need to replace the top shock bush and mount after about 8 months. Actually had the shock out last night and the bearings still feel good. Fashioned a little mud flap from a piece of plastic for the shock using the direct mount front mech bolts to mount it.

Despite the big wheels it feels like the most playful bike I’ve owned – came from a broken On-One Codeine (first 29er) and before that 26″ Orange Alpine/Patriot. 6’3″ and on an XL.

Hope that helps?

Matt

jpacey
    Free Member

thanks matt, I was slightly concerned about the position of the shock and how its open to crud from the back wheel. Im 6’2 and looking at an XL so sounds like this should fit fine.
    How do you find the 135mm of travel coming from a 26″ alpine?

nairnster
    Free Member

I have an Escarpe 275. With reference to mud and the shock, I was concerned too, and so made a little guard

As you can see, it doesn’t actually get a lot of mud at all. I can’t see it being too different to the 29er.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a Vitus escarpe 29 pro 2016?’ is closed to new replies.