Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Anyone got a Titus El Guapo??
  • Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Measured bb drop, with the above set up its around 2-3mm drop. And bb height of just over 13″. That compare?? Or shud I be trying to contact on-one again??

larrythelathe
    Free Member

So I rang on one today and asked about this, I was told they are having QC problems regarding these frames. My mate decided to cancel the order due to this.
    A real same as I am a fan of brants work

smiff
    Free Member

yer i’m now happy i got mine replaced when i did (last of last batch which Neil held to his credit i didn’t want to say he was unhelpful, just Barry seemed to know more about the issue!). my replacement is around 8mm low rather than 18mm of first batch of v3 (22mm effective with my fork). which was like toftm’s. low has some plus points like amazing stability. too low and it’s not an AM bike any more, it’s a sled.

cb, you’ll need to read that thread is all explained there sorry.. work back from end, i posted a big set of pics of mine being measured.
    edit: here http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/why-bottom-bracket-height-my-new-eg-v-3-so-low-813147-post10109584.html#post10109584

stumpjumper, that one sounds fine. not all the frames are bad, and you’re probably not hearing from everyone without a problem.

larry, oh dear so there really is something wrong as i suspected. yes it’s not brant’s fault, Kinesis are unable to make the frames he draws? no idea why. he even went out there to go over the QC with them for this. what’s worse (for on-one) is if the 29ers are f**ked up as well. word is the carbon rockstar is a nice bike.. but i wouldn’t buy the first of anything titus now. no idea who makes the carbons at least with carbon every one should be the same, from same mold..

where this leaves everyone with a much too low frame i’ve no idea, you’ll have to wait to see what on-one says, it might have to be something else or a refund?

just been riding my EG when you get suspension dialled it’s amazing, shame ..

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I had issues with my V3 (December 12) not being able to run a 2×9 set up without the front mech hitting and gouging out the chainstay when set up correctly, on one had the bike back and said it should be run with a 1 or 2 x10 to elimnate this problem – obviously nowhere in the bumf does it mention this. Also no way to run a double chainguide with this set up – not great
    The bushes went in the shock after one ride and the bolt in the pivot came loose too
    Add to this a shit paintjob which had cable rub after one ride.
    HOWEVER
    The bike rides sweet, the ccdb is amazing botomless on every drop, jump and even the odd pedal strike doesnt matter as the bike makes me smile everytime I ride her.
    As for On-Ones customer service its definately contradictory and slack but as the old adage says you get what you pay for or not as the case may be

Off I pop to measure the BB drop 😀

toftm

I got mine to run 2×9 but it’s a pain in the backside to setup properly! Want to go 1×10 when I have the monies.

It’s a shame really as it rides great down the hill but the pedal clearance is dire! Hopefully the issue will get resolved and I’ll have a little more room to play with. I’ll keep you all updated through the progress!

smiff
    Free Member

i know toftm there’s only so much you can learn (to ride with), when you’re ratcheting the cranks everywhere it’s just silly, and you can’t pedal if leant over.

i’ve had no problems running 2×10 on either frame, not heard of that one. but when your tolerances are whack all sorts of things can happen..

there is a known issue with chain devices on double rings but that’s not what you mean is it. that annoys me because i have a useless ISCG mount and i don’t know why brant couldn’t have fixed this in the first update after v3 (sometimes he says it’s on spec, but whatever, we can shim out, we can’t shim in). this one is also covered on mtbr forum for anyone interested. i’ll have to update my list of issues cos there’s about 3 more i’ve learnt in last week.

better pray mine doesn’t break or get nicked eh.

toftm

You noticed a slightly bizzare offset BB placement? Had to run a bizzare spacer setup to make my BB fit properly.

toys19
    Free Member

Considering Brant never answered my question if the current batch are clear of these issues or not, plus all this other crap, I’ve steered my mate away from this frame now. Shame.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

OK just measured the BB height (from center of BB) just on 13″ – how does this compare with spec?
    Running 160 forks and slackset to 66deg

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

i’ve had no problems running 2×10 on either frame, not heard of that one. but when your tolerances are whack all sorts of things can happen..

2×9 is the problem!

smiff
    Free Member

yours is probably one of the “good” ones (although a bit low, that sounds ok). need to measure drop to be sure.. if your drop is >5mm i think that’s what brant considers out of spec. he will not talk about bb height.

toys19 oh yeah def don’t recommend, buy your tyres and tubes from on-one, or your cheap inbreds/scandals only..

i suspect brant is muzzled by on-one, could be loyalty/job preservation! but then he can be very straight up sometimes.. how many companies let you talk to the designer.. this is good, but using customers as unpaid testers bad. if i was billing them in hours it’d be worth hundreds more on the frame eh.

Arch-stanton
    Free Member

I e mailed On One twice in the last week and got no reply, so I decided to call them today, to get some answers..

The On One guy on the phone admitted that all the frames were being checked for ‘BB drop issues’ and that all customers would be e mailed within the next 24-48 hours with their options..
    waiting for another batch was mentioned, as was a full refund..

When I said ‘this isn’t looking good is it? ..the guy just replied ‘No.. it isn’t’…

😯

Not a happy bunny…

larrythelathe
    Free Member

To be fair at least they have not shipped them. I am glad i did not have to build it then send it back!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Sent mine back yesterday, looks like my dream bike hasn’t quite gone to plan

toftm

hummerlicious are they offering you a replacement frame or is there nothing to replace it with??

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Dunno yet, I’ll call them tomorrow……..

chillidave
    Free Member

Frogleek – I’m really interested to hear that, I had the exact same problem and spent hours trying to get sufficient clearance even though it buggered up my shifting. My frame is back with them and I’m waiting for the issue to be resolved, however knowing that it requires a new drive train is making what looked a good deal seem otherwise.

I don’t really want to have to replace a perfectly good Sram x0 drive train and if I had known I would have gone elsewhere.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

chillidave – i had to send the whole bike back as refused to take it apart having built it up the week previous.
    Same as you perfectly good drivetrain, the said they had never heard of the issue and when they looked at it they moved the front mech down and said the hitting the chainstay wont effect the integrity of the frame!
    i asked them to change their literature to refelect the issue and advise new customers to run 10 speed gearing.
    ive put a carbon patch over the chainstay where it hits as a stopgap – nice on a new frame
    now moving to 1×10 as want to run a chainguide and be done with it – adding another £300 to the “cheap” frame
    mail me if you need more info – id be interested to hear their feedback to you

hora
    Free Member

Fill your boots

Brant why do you like selling visually challenging frames? 😉 😆

Does this v2 go into the brant clangers file?

toys19
    Free Member

Hora, rubbish link, no shock!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Fill your boots

Commencal?

Frying pan – fire

hora
    Free Member

Its a cracking ride whereas the Titus is a slouch(er)? 8)

gonzy
    Free Member

ermmm…..i think i’ll avoid the El Guapo then… 😯

smiff
    Free Member

is hora on drugs again?

brant just took an old design and lengthened and slackened it a bit (then turned it into a 29er) this isn’t his design.. shouldn’t have been a big deal.

i’d rather have a slightly older design because all the kinks should be worked out. aha. ahahahahaa.

see, on-one have pissed off their loyal customers so now we’re going to find every single. little. niggle. with it and put it all over the web since they aren’t (or weren’t for nearly a year) telling potential customers what’s up. accidents happen.. it’s not the crime, but the coverup. etc. or they’re just understaffed and disorganised.

when i get chance later i’ll post a big list of everything wrong with the EG26, it’ll be a laugh. you can repeat for your frames, i’m sure everyone can find at least half a dozen faults with any of them.

hora
    Free Member

smiff you’ve just argued a Brant-clanger and then turned around on yourself all in the same post.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah i know these are some good drugs. brant’s ok, i’d rather have someone with a clue answering some questions than none or typical PR BS. now i’m sorted out (almost, they still have my first shock) i should write to the on-one CEO about all this. just to you know, get it off my chest. i had to wait in 3 f***ng days for a courier. oh boo hoo.

smiff
    Free Member

owning one of these is very much like being in an abusive relationship. 🙁 it’s all consuming, sometimes it beats you up, but when it’s good..

look here’s what happens when you push buy on an El Guapo*
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316AzLYfAzw[/video]

* for about 33% of customers.

hora
    Free Member

Eh?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

understaffed and disorganised

On One’s business model, in a nutshell.

james
    Free Member

“this v2 go into the brant clangers file? “
    I thought it was V3’s that were problematic?
    My V2 wrong as well then?

higgo
    Free Member

Hora in ‘spouting from blowhole’ shocka.

hora
    Free Member

I’m concerned that you can’t read higgo. I replied to earlier posts with a ‘?’ on the end asking if it was a brant clanger. Are you struggling to understand?

I guess you own a el guapo and think it has feelings?

bwaarp
    Free Member

The 2013 Nukeproof Mega will be in stock in April…..for those guys complaining earlier in this thread.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

owning one of these is very much like being in an abusive relationship. it’s all consuming, sometimes it beats you up, but when it’s good..

😀 True, so true..

higgo
    Free Member

Are you struggling to understand?

Nope.

I guess you own a el guapo and think it has feelings?

Nope – my only Titus is a pre-PX carbon road bike. And it has no feelings. It certainly never offers me any sympathy.

hora
    Free Member

You seem full of repressed anger. I own a c456- its ugly. If anyone says its ugly I shrug. I wouldn’t consider someone on the internet to be wrong and take it personal. Soon I’ll own a Meta5, they have a track record of QC issues. Should I marry said-frame, take on its name then defend its faceless-aluminium body to the hilt. After all theres nowt thicker than alu-blood?

There really some strange **** ‘s on the internet.

If theres a clanger – I’ll name it. Boy there have been a few. Glad I returned those carbon bars that turned up with ‘characterful blemish’s’ out of the box too.

higgo
    Free Member

Let’s not play ‘ugly bike’ Top Trumps.
    I used to own a Whyte JW4.

(and my c456 is a thing of beauty)

toftm

Well the frame is due for collection on Tuesday to be checked over by the in house mechanic types. If found to be out of spec (read as WHEN…) then I’m told it’s a straight swap for a new one.

No idea on what the status is stock wise however, and I quote, ‘I believe the wait time should be very little as i understand we have more frames which have arrived and are currently been checked over.’ We shall see… Not expecting miracles after that sentence….

mangatank
    Free Member

Let’s not play ‘ugly bike’ Top Trumps.
    I used to own a Whyte JW4.

I always wanted one of those. What was it like to ride? Do tell!

toftm

Guapo update! The frame eventually went back last Wednesday & I have had confirmation a new ‘in spec’ frame has been shipped out to me today. Pending what I actually receive tomorrow it’s not a bad result all in all (They should really have had some quality control straight up), something tell’s me my headset however may just have gone AWOL…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Titus El Guapo??’ is closed to new replies.