Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
  • Now, I see it gets good reviews, is powerful, huge etc, but – do you ever use the S pen and it’s associated apps and also, is the 5.5″ screen a huge benefit for browsing and watching vids etc over the next biggest current crop of smartphones at around 4.8″?

Russell96

Got an SGS3 as a works phone and the Note2 as a personal phone, the screen is LOTS better for browsing and the on screen keyboard is slightly larger and has a number row so lots quicker to input messages. It feels quite a bit quicker with apps (faster CPU n more RAM) battery is a third larger again in capacity so can go days without a charge, where as the SGS3 seems to need a charge everyday. As for the S pen have not done that much with it so far other than scrawl down a few peoples email addresses when in a boozy ex-works reunion last week.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

We’re men, we’re not small so a big phone is not too bad as the surfing is easy, it was quick, easy on the eyes/hands, fast and made multimedia great.

Ok I wouldn’t want to put it in my pocket for riding or running with an arm band.

It had loads of functions, loverly screen and I only sold due to the other half having an iphone and we needed facetime.

Also you won’t need a tablet as it fills that void too.

Watching vids is great on it too.

I sold this a few weeks ago (just to show you some pics)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/samsung-galaxy-note-2-titanium-only-3-days-old-and-unlocked-400-ono-inc-pp

Wow, just got one – what a fantastic piece of kit.

takisawa2

I’ve been looking at one of these. I use my DesireHD so little to make calls on. Spend most of its time surfing the net. It’s just the size thing. Does it actually go in a pocket or is it too big ?
    Torn between Samsung S3, HTC One X+ & the Note2.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve just been looking at the SGNote2 and MrsBouys about to change her ancient Crackberry for one..

Thank god she’s entering the 21st century. 🙄

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Yes I have one. Had a Motorola Defy before. Choose this phone as I wanted be able to browse the Internet easier. Have to say I’m very impressed with it. Yes it’s big but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Have yet to use the S pen properly but so far it’s been pretty useful. I have only had it 4 days ago. I still haven’t worked out how to post a picture mind!

takisawa – only had it a few hours and already it doesn’t feel that big. I remember my Desire HD seemed huge when I got it. Web browsing is a dream and not hit a wrong key on the qwerty yet due to the nicely spaced keys. The s pen is quite cool too, but I don’t know how much I’ll use it. Fits in a rear jeans pocket fine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Boss has one and he loves it. Uses the pen loads for notes etc sent me an annotated screen shot of something this week. Very handy piece of kit. He joined a go to meeting presentation I was doing on it no issue at all.

PePPeR

I’ve gone from an iphone4 to a note 2 and love it. I also sold my tablet as I found I didn’t use it after I bought this.

The pen is cool, can tell 1024 different pressures on the nib and is fantastic at handwriting, but I tend not to use it that much as I drive a lot and tend to do a lot of reading.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Love my note 2, use it for most of my browsing these days. Its like a swiss army knife, its the only phone I care for watching movies on

Stainypants

I have a orginal note the best gadget I’ve ever had. Bought a nexus 7 never us it as the note covers phone and tablet duties. Its not that big I run with it and road cycle with it. I often can’t find it in my pockets. I don’t use the pen that much as swypwe works so well for text entry.

Nick

takisawa2

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

…6 days on, are you still happy with it ???

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I had a note 2 for 5 days i loved it until i realised working on site in dirty conditions didnt work well as it wouldent fit in my pocket, and sod leaving it in the site canteen!!! So i returned and got a ip5 and a reduced 64gb playbook for when i was back at digs to watch movies and tinterweb, brilliant tech but just unsuitable for tradesmen i think.

…6 days on, are you still happy with it ???

More than happy with it – it’s an awesome piece of technology.

I can see the drawbacks using it as a tradesman – it’ll probably be totally knackered by the end of it’s contract, but I’ll try and work round it.

Tonight is the first time I’ve opened my laptop in a week.

takisawa2

Thanks Astr, good to hear. Going to get one ordered. Not a tradesman so should be fine.

No worries – btw, it fits fine in most pockets fine – it’s only an inch bigger than most other big smartphones.

It’s just so intuitive – it’s pulled all my contacts (fairly standard for most) from Facebook & Google, but also all birthdays and put them in my calendar – also all my photos that I’ve posted to FB, all the albums I’ve d/l’ed on Amazon – that’s not to mention all the other new Samsung/Google/Jellybean features. It just works. Internet browsing is also a massive step up from my Desire HD

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2?’ is closed to new replies.