Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a salsa spearfish?
  • pete68
    Free Member

I’m sure a few of you do. It’s under consideration for my wife’s next bike, and would like to know your thoughts,especially the PF BB30. Every time someone mentions BB30 it’s never in a good way and at the moment is putting us off a bit. If youve found them ok can you let me know which manufacturer they came from. Many thanks for any replies.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You can fit a bsa adaptor and run whatever bb you like.
    Jeffus will be along in a mo (waves).

dlr

I have a SF and used s Sram PF BB30 with the problem solver reducers so that I could then run my Hollowtech XT chainset. It started creaking/clicking after one ride…….

I am now waiting for anywhere to get the BSA adapter/reducer mentioned above in to stock, that then lets you screw a HTII BB in for example. Still not an ideal solution but at least the reducer part is screwed in at this point so should hopefully get rid of the noise

other solution is new BB30 cranks, not cheap…

pete68
    Free Member

Mmmm. This is what I was concerned about. I hate creaking like that. I also have a hollowtech 2 chain set to put on but if this BSA adaptor is difficult to find then I may look else where.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I have a spearfish for sale over on the classifieds right now. Also bb30 xo chainset.

I have fitted an xt with a ps adaptor set into another spearfish and so far theres been no problems.Its not perfect but it rides fine. For my own bike, I chose the correct matching stuff and although I havent ridden it much.. it hasnt been a problem at all. It also went together easier than any other combo I have ever fitted.

Rorschach
    Free Member

We’ve got a bsa adaptor at t’shop if you want one dlr.

dlr

Thanks for the offer but I looked online again after posting this morning and found evans had them in stock so picked one up. Hoping this cures my noise. Ive swapped everything else around with quiet parts off another bike, cranks, pedals etc, its only under load and when pedalling, not pivots as it does it with the shock open or locked (rpl), lets see…..

Im sure it can be solved and there are plenty of fsa bb30 chainsets out there on offer so I wouldnt discount the frame pete68, it is blinking quick!

pete68
    Free Member

hi Martin, Please can you send me some pics of your bike. have responded to ad to but you have no email. My email in profile. Cheers. Pete.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Hi pete,I havent managed to get any other pics of the bike. I’ll get off this thread and repost a complete build on the sale thread.
    cheers.

lipseal
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    We’ve got a bsa adaptor at t’shop if you want one dlr.

Errr, I’ve been after one of these, what type is it?

PS I’ve gone through 3 SRAM pf30’s now trying an FSA one, it seems better sealed on the none drive side.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a salsa spearfish?’ is closed to new replies.