Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Anyone got a Reilly Gradient
  • EhWhoMe

as title really looking for opinions …a few others im looking at but like the idea and look of these..just a bit put off by it being what appears a new company and some not great google history regarding a previous company with the same owners.

chiefgrooveguru

I don’t know about their history other than Mark having designed a lot of bikes for a lot of companies but their workshop where they make all their steel frames is in the same (huge) building as my own factory. Came across them doing a full blown photo shoot in one of the corridors last week! Beautifully made frames.

EhWhoMe

thanks cheif, can i can i ask where that is

chiefgrooveguru

New England House in Brighton. About 100 businesses in there over 8 floors – a very diverse hive of activity!

sq225917
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the history, Mark’s a good guy with a good rep, he just partnered up with the wrong guy- previously.

He’s not just making, he’s also designing and licensing so he’s on a very solid foundation. Buy with confidence, he makes an excellent frame and has a real feel for his craft.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Mark had a mare with Omega BITD (2008 ish?) but had been at Enigma since, and is highly regarded as a designer.

My T325 should be shipping out soon- looked at all the competition and his geometry was bang on what I wanted.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Bump, just to see if anyone actually has one yet. They look sublime!

birdage

Nice. I remember one of the guys from Nerve Bikes totally slating my Tripster so slightly ironic.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m also looking at getting a Gradient so would appreciate some first hand experience.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one 😀

So I’ll post a review/pics when it lands

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nice. I remember one of the guys from Nerve Bikes totally slating my Tripster so slightly ironic.

TBF, they do look awful.

That Reilly OTOH looks far better. Short stays and normal length headtubes no doubt help. Looks decent, post some pics when it’s built reggiegasket, looks exactly like the sort of frame I want, although it’s made out of metal that’s too expensive!

gouxl
    Free Member

Ordered mine over 2 months ago. Still waiting for it. Should be home anytime soon now. I will put pics and review as soon as it is in.

EhWhoMe

please post up pics..

im really stuck between l and xl ..

comparing the stack and such with other bikes hurts me head..one minute i get it then it just doesnt add up……arghhhhhhh

gouxl
    Free Member

Reach and stack are pretty std. Xl for me is the same stack as my size 60 road bike, reach 10 mm shorter which makes sense. Still can be fixed with the length of the stem but cyclocross/ adventure bike should be more relaxed.
    Bike is on its way, should arrive this week I will post pics ASAP.

EhWhoMe

would love to see those pics..

do i take it you ordered a custom one….
    and what was it that made you go for the gradient over the competition

cheers

reggiegasket
    Free Member

mine is due this week too….

ideax
    Free Member

Mine should be here Monday

EhWhoMe

Haway…… pics

reggiegasket
    Free Member

mine is here! Pics soon. It’s very nice.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

R, how long did you have to wait for it from ordering? Did you just buy the set build?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

about 5 weeks, and it was a frame & fork, with some modifications to the frame (cable guides).

EhWhoMe

Reggie…me and you are going to fall out if you dont get these pics up 👿 come on man this is new bikes we talkin here…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I took it apart again last night… that’s my excuse.

It needed a few tweaks; stem change, different front caliper, yadda yadda.

I promise soon… it’s doing the Fred Whitton on Sunday so it has to be ready for that.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Finally. In the office, so not brilliant pics…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

built as a flat bar, with 1×10, Fuse carbon wheels, 11-34 for the Fred Whitton, 38t oval, size large.

ideax
    Free Member

That sounds like an interesting build. Mine was supposed to be here by now but I know it’s on its way so I’m hoping it’s here next week. No plans to change anything except perhaps new wheels.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks great – what’s it like to ride?

Good luck with the ride Sunday!

Jb

EhWhoMe

Thanks reggie i will call of the dogs now…..

Thats nice…very very nice…

Can i ask what size and is that the reilly fork…

What were the mods to the cable guides and why…

Good luck on the fred if youve not done it before its brutal…but the weather looks good for a change…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

sorry, pics got moved…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Size is large with the Reilly fork, cables guides allow me to run a full length gear outer so more reliable over winter, and no front mech as it’s 1×10.

I’m impressed. Angles are nice, finishing is very good. I’ve swapped the stock rear thru axle for a bolt-up version (by MTZoom) and may swap the front too. Rear caliper is PM but the front is flatmount, so I needed to buy a new caliper.

Stiffer than the Airborne Carpe Diem it replaced, so better on the descents/faster corners. Full build is 8.6kg but that’s with carbon rims. Winter spec will be alloy rims (Archetypes) so a few grams heavier, and a rear ‘guard.

ideax
    Free Member

Mine arrived finally but too late in the day for me to assemble and ride.

I’m impressed by the quality of the frame and it feels lighter than I had expected. I’m looking forward to getting on the trails later today!

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

reggiegasket. Ta for the pics. What chain is that?

EhWhoMe

Mines ordered…not sure when it will arrive..

Ideax…pics please

Reggie how did the fred go…and how was he bike…

Atomizer

Looks very nice that set up.
    The website doesn’t say but I assume at that price for a ti frame, it’s made overseas, designed in the UK?

velocipede
    Free Member

Ho did the Fred Whitton go on this @reggiebasket? Were you happy with the bike (if not your legs!)?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Fred went well. Great day. Rode with my wife and did 7:46. She was chuffed as she was aiming to go under 8hrs.

Chain is a Wipperman 10SB (with a 11spd missinglink…)

http://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-10sb.html

beagle
    Free Member

Lovely looking machine. Very nice!

I’m looking at a steel/possibly Ti bike to be my only drop handlebar bike. Something special that will last a loooooong time. I’m trying to future proof a little too. Holding off a Mason due to post mount disks for this reason. Any of the Reilly come with flat mount options?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Gradient has PM on the frame but a flatmount fork, so halfway there.

The rear dropouts are very tidy though. Much nicer than, say, Enigma’s, in my opinion.

ibnchris

if you guys are still (8 months on) considering a Reilly I can tell you their new frames are flat mount 🙂

philba
    Free Member

Reggiegasket

I have a Gradient too. Really like it, but I do find the rear thru-axle lever has to be very tight or I get some wheel movement (Hunt wheels). Did you have similar issues? Am I right in saying it is the MTZoom T13 model that fits the Gradient (SCOTT/SANTACRUZ REAR BOOST THRU AXLE 39G). Thanks

scud
    Free Member

New-ish owner here too, i’ve found the axles are the cheap bit and had issues with both front and rear when not really tight?

So would welcome any suggestions of replacement front and rear too…

(any excuse for a pic…)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Reilly Gradient’ is closed to new replies.