Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone got a Raspberry pi?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Ignore the CPU usage reading in XBMC – use top to display the actual value.

I was, a quick check of uptime when sshing in showed 1.4,0.9,0.8 while it was sat doing nothing on the main menu for about 10 mins.

I have a fanless via board I was going to put android onto but couldn’t find a compatible distro and couldn’t be bothered building one from scratch. Again, no HDMI.

zilog6128

Ignore the CPU usage reading in XBMC – use top to display the actual value.

Yeah I vaguely recall reading that the CPU usage function was actually quite CPU intensive purely because it runs the check so many times per second!

Overclocking the RPi makes a big improvement in menu responsiveness. There are 3 pre-set ‘performance’ settings (Normal, Fast, Super), and you can also manually adjust the values (tick the box below the above performance options).

Thanks, I’ll try that.

xiphon
    Free Member

The menus displayed are only rendered by the CPU at the moment, so ironically displaying the CPU usage page actually increases the CPU usage (therefore skewing the results slightly)

Turn the monitor off (if HDMI), and see what the values are via SSH.

Alternatively, this thread gives a useful suggestion about advancedsettings.xml, with reports of the CPU usage (on idle) dropping down to 20% or so.

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=315

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Raspberry pi?’ is closed to new replies.