Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone got a POC Tectal Race ?
  • iainc

and if so, does the adjustment dial slip under load ?

I have the regular Tectal and the dial started slipping after a few months, so I contacted POC and they sent me a new inner cage, which was fine for a few rides, but now slipping again. Have contacted POC and they may replace full lid, or offer me a Race one instead. Tempted to try the Race if the retention system works better, but if it’s just the same I’ll take their offer of a credit and buy a Spesh Ambush, which was a close second when I was replacing my old lid (I tried on dozens…)

iainc

oh well, will try one if they offer it I guess 🙂

BigJohn

I can let you have a rectal trace.

iainc

paypal gift ? 🙂

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I have one and it has been faultless. But I do have a big head.

iainc

^^^ useful, thanks. I really like the fit of the regular one, but the ratchet in the dial is a real weak point.

stevied
    Free Member

My non-race seems to slip a bit, might pop POC an email..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my tectal doesnt slip, best helmet EVA like

iainc

stevie – I mailed them on :

info@pocsports.com

and they came back within a day, and sent me a new inner cage, which was delivered a couple of days later, air mail. Great service, though the replacement cage still has issues. Having had it apart, the serated teeth on the bands, which lock into the adjustment wheel like cogs in a gear, are too small. I suspect the Race version has same mechanism, hence this thread. I can find some online stuff criticising the non Race one, but not the Race…

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks Iain 🙂

iainc

yaay, full refund on the original Tectal,

So, Tectal race of Spesh Ambush……

I know they both fit me…

🙂

iainc

2 lids here now, eenie meenie…..which to keep 🙂

iainc

well, the Tectal Race failed the ‘will it loosen if i hit it hard with the palm of my hand test’……same fail feature as the original where the adjuster screw releases on impact…..

So it’s away back and the Ambush is probably the keeper, though would love to know if Giro have sorted the pads in their Montaro lid 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a POC Tectal Race ?’ is closed to new replies.