Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone Got a POC Tectal ?
  • shooterman

Time for a new helmet. I have been using a Troy Lee A1 which was ok if a little hot. I’m considering a POC Tectal as they appear a good mix of coverage and ventialtion.

Has anyone got one and what do you think of it?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Bought myself one as a birthday present at the end of May to replace my Giro Xen that was getting a bit long in the tooth. I have a fairly large head, so I tend to find most helmets are right at the limit in terms of fit. When I had a try on session in the shop, the Tectal was the best fit by quite a long way.

Obviously it’s early days yet, but initial impressions are that it’s well built and feels pretty light on my head. I’ve had it on for several rides in pretty toasty conditions, and it’s been comfortable despite the humidity. Hopefully I’ll never have the opportunity to comment on it’s capabilities in a crash!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got one. Best fitting helmet I have ever had , sits really deep on the head of you get what I mean. Although it might not for you of course.

I sweat less in it in seems then my previous fox flux, but the pad at the front is thinner so more sweat seems to run off it but is channeled away it seems. Really impressed with it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, as above really.

It does sit deep on the head which I really like. Typical POC quality too.

shooterman

Thanks all above. Tectal it is then!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Yes I’ve always found it hard to find a helmet to fit well, Tectal fitted perfectly, deep on head (ooh err) couldn’t be lifted off (not pulled off-ooh err) even without straps done up.

I’ve however just bought a Octal too, I couldn’t face wearing Lycra and a big peaked helmet. I’m not a baggies guy, I’ll maybe give it up if anybody wants one? Matte black, XL, 1 ride old, never dropped/kept in sun etc.

varty.josh@hotmail.co.uk

shooterman

Sent you an email

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Got a POC Tectal ?’ is closed to new replies.