Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a Peugeot 2008? Any good?
  • pictonroad

I’m shopping for a new car, these have some of the must have features and are cheap.

Any real life feedback?

Ta

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

No. But have 3008…..engine has had problems from new. Now 5 years old 42k miles. Could have been an isolated one off from the production line or could be a common issue for Peugeot diesel’s

pictonroad

Should ad it’s a fully serviced lease so reliability is a bonus but not a deal breaker. Depreciation also not an issue.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Personally wish I’d never got mine. However probabaly more to do with test driving the model up from the one I bought. So seats weren’t as firm, didn’t get sat nav in the touch screen. Sound system is terrible, don’t particularly like the handling in corners. Always feels like you will lose it. Doesn’t have any cup holders! Sounds stupid but really missed having these when driving 100 mile commute every day. Fuel effiency is pretty good though. I wouldn’t get another. In fact the other half drives it now and I have an e39 530i

BillMC

Had a Peugeot, absolutely never again. New engine and all my spare cash didn’t even sort it.

davosaurusrex

Funk that! Get a Frontera. Bosh.

Ewan
    Free Member

Had one as a hire car. Horrific. Hard to see out the front and the back.

allan23
    Free Member

Got the 208 instead, 2008 just wasn’t that much bigger or better to justify the extra cost.

208 isn’t terrible. Drives alright but not exciting. Getting just over 50mpg on a 1.2 petrol. No idea on long term reliability, had some good Peugeots but I go to a decent independent dealer and not a big glass box showroom chain dealer.

maccruiskeen

Check it out in the flesh and do the same with some similar makes / models. Peugeot put a lot of focus on NCAP performance but to achieve it they tend to move the engine and the front footwell backwards- so that your feet on the pedals are pretty much behind the A pillar. Thats fine but they do it in a car thats the same external dimensions as their competitors and that space has to be made up fro somewhere – when you compare them other MPV type cars the price for that is paid in either the boot or the rear seats.

I hire similar cars when I’m needing to ferry elderly relatives around as the taller body and more upright positions suits them – especially for long trips. But whenever theres been a choice to make I’ve always rejected the peugeot because the cabin space has always been better in competitor’s cars.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Peugeot 2008? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.