Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone got a nice tray bake recipe?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

or indeed a good Carrot Cake.

i have folk over to stay and want to offer something nice with a brew after a ride on Sunday.

kind regards

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

I use this one

Speedy carrot cake
    Ingredients
    150 g plain flour
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    150 g caster sugar
    250 g coarsely grated carrots
    100 g shelled walnuts, finely chopped
    150 ml corn oil
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 tsp vanilla essence

For the frosting
    50 g butter, room temperature
    75 g full-fat cream cheese
    1/2 tsp vanilla essence
    100 g icing sugar
    1 tbsp walnuts, chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease and line an 18cm diameter round cake tin.

2. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, carrots and walnuts.

3. Pour in the corn oil, and add the eggs and vanilla essence. Stir to mix, and then beat for one minute until everything is combined.

4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of an oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch. Remove the cake from the oven and leave on one side for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack. Leave to cool completely.

5. For the frosting, beat the butter until smooth, and add the cream cheese and vanilla essence. Gradually stir in the icing sugar.

6. Spread the frosting over the cake and scatter with chopped walnuts. Cut into generous wedges and serve.

It’s great if you add a little lemon juice to the cream cheese frosting.

Either that you can never fail with fresh scones with clotted cream and some good jam!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Yes. Shortbread. It’s fab stuff, add some chocolate or cherries to the recipe if you wish. It’s what I make when I want some quick home made cakes to give to people, and it’s so so easy…. I tend to undercook mine a bit, crispy outside, chewy inside. Check after 20 mins, 150 deg c, but my oven runs a bit hot.

250 g (9 oz) Plain Flour
    75 g (3 oz caster sugar
    175 g (6 oz) butter

Heat oven to 160ºC, 325ºF, Gas Mark 3. Grease a baking tray.
    2 Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, rub in butter.
    3 Knead well to form a smooth paste.
    4 Divide into two equal parts, shape and flatten into 2 x 18 cm (7 inch) rounds, about 1 cm (½ inch) thick.
    5 Mark top into 8 portions, decorate edges and prick with a fork. Place on baking tray and bake or 30 minutes until pale and golden.

(be ro website)

I don’t do 4 and 5, I grease a tray and press the shortbread dough into it. Mark into fingers when still hot, prise out fingers while warm put on wire rack and leave til cool.

Good luck love stw recipe threads 🙂

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

wonderfull. kind regards 😀

stoat

I go for this filthy version of fridge cake (I know its not really baking)

Some butter
    Some golden syrup,
    some Digestive biscuits, broken into crumbs with rolling pin)
    approx. 6-8 bars of milk choc (cheap tesco basic ones)
    1-2 packets of marshmallows.
    An armful of on offer sweeties (choc drops, eggs, jelly beans, mars bars etc)

1. melt a dollop said butter in a pan
    2. pour in an “amount” of syrup
    3. melt most of the choc bars, add to pan
    4. add in some crumbled biscuits to make the mixture thick and paste like,
    5. quickly add in marshmallows and sweeties, stir rapidly to stop then melting into nothing
    6. ladle into tray+decorate with more sweeties on top
    7. allow to cool+put in fridge

Its not big or clever, a 5year old could make better, but it can taste very nice and induce diabetes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a nice tray bake recipe?’ is closed to new replies.