Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a new Nissan X-Trail?
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve got an option to get one at work. The standard spec looks pretty amazing with tons of toys and that.
    main thing though – how many bikes can I get in it? Not too worried about removing wheels/seatposts/etc
    I assume they’re a bit of a barge to drive but if anyone’s actually driven one I’d appreciate your opinion.

Ta

allthepies
    Free Member

A mate has the old model and loves it (we’ve been on lots of biking trips in in too), he’s had it yonks and is looking for a new motor. Discounted* the latest model as he though they’d all gone a bit chelsea tractor.

* as in ruled out.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Other than 2 wheel drive in the Quasqai and the 4 wheel drive in the X-Trail is there any difference between the two?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    john_drummer
    Free Member

they do look very similar (not a bad thing, they are both good looking cars). I understand the X-trail is a (much?) bigger car than the Qashqai

cb

I don’t believe that you can get 4 wheeled drive and an auto box, if that has any impact. Or at least it seemed that way when I looked.

terrahawk
    Free Member

anyway. Back to the question (which wasn’t about Quashqais), has anyone got an new X Trail and can offer an opinion?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don’t believe that you can get 4 wheeled drive and an auto box, if that has any impact. Or at least it seemed that way when I looked

I’d prefer a manual anyway.

ddmonkey

I had the old old one, liked the look of the new old one, but the latest shape has lost the nice boxy 4×4 look of the previous and gone all bland SUV Crossover. Does not look like it offers particularly good interior space but I’ve not been in one.

allthepies
    Free Member

With the old one, the boot space was very hard wearing and you could probably hose it clean 🙂 We used to lash the bikes to securing points on the floor. Current model seems to have bog standard car boot “fluffy” lining which is more hassle to clean. They’ve obviously shifted their target audience.

annebr
    Free Member

You can easily carry 3 people and 3 bikes in the car.

*Possibly* 4 and 4 with wheels off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a new Nissan X-Trail?’ is closed to new replies.