Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a new Alpkit Numo mat (v Exped UL7)
  • ahsat

We are in the process of building up our lightweight kit for some adventures. Key purchase is the mats. Anyone got one of the new generation Alpkit Numo’s and know how they fair? Understand that the thermal membrane had a habit of un-pealing on the old versions due to your warm breath. Otherwise its the Exped UL7, but they are twice the price for something that will only be used a few times a year (we have much thicker maps for camping with the car, winter).

We missed the last batch, so wondering whether to wait till late June for the next ones.

Cheers

munded

Great, lightweight and tiny pack size. Not warm though compared to my ten year old thermorest, but that weighs over a kg… Depends on where and when you’re going really

ahsat

Depends on where and when you’re going really

Just UK stuff really, some bikepacking around the north and the odd Lake District adventure. In winter we’d probably use our existing foam Thermarests + Tent etc, so really just 3-season stuff.

Always fancied the Exped as they are a lot less noisy than my brothers Thermarest Neoair (and a bit cheaper!); but wondering if the Alpkit will do the job just fine.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the older ones and haven’t actually had the delaminating problem. It’s a nice light mat and pretty comfy but it’s not warm. Even in summer in a zero degree down bag I have found myself getting cold sometimes. In a synthetic bag the filling isn’t compressed so much under the body so is a bit better, depends on what you have. The down filled Exped ones stop the air moving around the inside of the mat (same as the foam in a thermarest) and are a lot warmer. I’d buy another Numo if my one dies but only for summer use.

ahsat

Hummm, I have a down bag (and a synthetic summer one), but I am classic chilly woman sleeper! Might be worth the extra cash for the Exped then. Did wonder how effective their membrane would be. Thanks, you may have saved me from a grumpy night!

beano68
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the new one,But I’ve got the oldish Exped Down mat and its worth spending the extra as its very noticeable in very cold conditions and the comfort quality is 2nd to none

I’ll just stick with this one

AlasdairMc

If you can get hold of one cheap, a NeoAir X-Therm is a perfect combination of weight and warmth, and it isn’t noisy in use either. Well worth looking at.

boblo
    Free Member

My names boblo and I’m a mat freak…

Standard Thermarest… I have many. Warm, relatively bulky and not a total disaster if punctured. I then got a Neoair, great. Bit crackly, warm, compact and light. Developed a goiter after ~200 nights and was replaced with a Neoair Xlite. Warm, quiet, compact and a bit lighter. I prefer the classic Neoair though as it covers more of the tent floor, betterer for winter.

I’ve just bought a Numo for Mrs Boblo’s summer bike camping it’s light and compact though I suspect not as warm as the Neoair’s though she’s not used it yet. It was only £35 so a lot cheaper than the Thermarest though I’ve found this to mean less reliable in the past with a Fat Airic that developed a fault.

If for UK summer, try the Numo. It looks like a good warm weather option.

ahsat

Boblo…excellent. Love at mat freak. Im a bag one. Lol. Thanks for the helpful replies all. Hummm might save my pennies a bit.

bones
    Free Member

The Numos are out of stock at the mo. An alternative would be the Multimat superlite/adventure air.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a new Alpkit Numo mat (v Exped UL7)’ is closed to new replies.