Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got a Mk 7 fiesta – squeeze a bike in? Wanting an ST!
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Looking to get rid of my 57′ plate BMW 320d and fancy something smaller; had a test drive of the new shape Mk 7 Fiesta ST and I’m looking to buy one. Anyone squeezed a bike in a 3 door fiesta? Probably not that difficult perhaps but asking the question. I’m still on 26″ wheels too!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’ve had one in the back of ours. We’ve got a roof rack for it now though. Just fits in with front wheel out. Both wheels out and it goes no problem.

DickBarton

Is that the latest version? If so, yes you can but needs both wheels off…

Cferg
    Free Member

I take the front wheel off, move the passenger seat forward a bit and chuck it in no problems. I’ve got a roof rack too but find it to be more hassle than its worth if not using regularly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Take wheels off, should go in to most hatchbacks[*]

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve been able to get my bike in any of my old hatchbacks including a Micra and a Fiat Seicento. You do have to take the wheels off but its the same in my Golf as well..

zoo200
    Free Member

I can get 2 in our fiesta wheels off and card inbetween

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yes latest version; thanks.

cyclistm
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a red one, ping me your details, a friend is selling a mint very low mileage fiesta ST.

carlos
    Free Member

Yes, with the front wheel removed, quite easily in fact

A mate has a 650b and only removes the front wheel, yes he has the passenger seat shifted forward but that’s about it

richellicott
    Free Member

Never an issue. I take both wheels off but could proabably manage with only taking the front off if I jiggled it just right!

legend
    Free Member

Used to get 2 bikes in an old Ka, a Fiesta’s cavernous in comparison!

muddy9mtb

I do like the look of the ST’s but went for a test drive and didn’t compare to the Honda civic (euro gen 8) it would replace. Yer I know it’s not ment to but the boot size in the honda is cavernous… I just couldn’t see getting more than one bike in the back of the fiesta and all the kit… I just watch them drive by now

ahwiles
    Free Member

(years ago) we got 3 people, 3 bikes, and a LOT of kit into a fiesta.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You can get a bike in anything with a bit of effort

With 26″ wheels or a rigid 29er I could even get the roof up!

muddy9mtb

yep you can

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have a ’57 plate mk6 zetec S and can fit 2 long travel bikes in the back with the front wheels off quite easily.

jolmes
    Free Member

Can manage two in mine, one xl nomad with wheels off and the other halfs small ndiza again, wheels off. Getting to be a pain though so will be getting a roof rack shortly

mindmap3
    Free Member

I (unfortunately) have a Mk 7 and can get two bikes in the back of it.

My 26 inch Slackline would fit in with just the front wheel off but the Switchback and Rune need to have both wheels taken off.

The rear of my Fiesta hasn’t dealt that wheel with having bikes in it – the loose boot floor is nailed as are the plastics etc. I’m reasonably careful putting bikes in too (sheets etc).

Have you had a good test drive of one? I pretty much hate mine with a passion these days and can’t wait for it to go in September. It’s noisey, the seats are too high, the ergonomics are a bit off and the interior feels cheap and low rent. We also have a BMW (330) of a similar age to yours, and its a much better car.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Well Ive test drove one and bought one, get it next week. PX’d my BMW.. Fancied a change, so hopefully it lives up to my expectations and needs.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Mk 7 fiesta – squeeze a bike in? Wanting an ST!’ is closed to new replies.