Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone got a kilt?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Real men wear kilts

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

GaryGlitter does have a point!

I’ve got the full set now, mostly bought for me one bit at a time for presents etc.

The whole notion of family\clan tartans is quite new and pretty false. Scots would go to the local mill and generally buy what was cheapest or what they liked the look of. Any idea of farmers all out working wearing the same tartan is false (unles they got a bulk discount 😆 )

It was the Landed Gentry and estates that came up with the Family name\Clan tartans and it kind of stuck.

Kilts are great things for all sorts of occasions. Women love em too!

zilog6128

GaryGlitter does have a point!

I’ve got the full set now, mostly bought for me one bit at a time for presents etc.

The whole notion of family\clan tartans is quite new and pretty false. Scots would go to the local mill and generally buy what was cheapest or what they liked the look of. Any idea of farmers all out working wearing the same tartan is false (unles they got a bulk discount )

It was the Landed Gentry and estates that came up with the Family name\Clan tartans and it kind of stuck.

Kilts are great things for all sorts of occasions. Women love em too!
    So, to sum up, a kilt is basically just a comfy man-skirt that anyone can wear, and “clan tartan” is strictly the domain of (wannabe) posh nobbers? Cool, got it now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a kilt?’ is closed to new replies.