Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got a garmin edge touring?
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Afrenoon, I was going to get an edge 200, but I’ve a birthday coming up and thought I might get Mrs houndlegs to treat me 😀
    So, has anyone got one? Thoughts on it?

Ta

TheGingerOne

Yes, I got the Touring Plus model in the 30% sale thingy Garmin did before Christmas. Wanted maps, but was not prepared to pay the price of the 810 and did not need all of the performance stuff. I went for the plus to get the barometric altitude.
    Only used it on the road so far to record rides and it has been faultless. Does what I need. Doubt I’ll ever use the route planning either to be honest.
    In conclusion, I’m happy with it.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I also got one for Xmas. Very pleased with it so far, the navigation works well and the battery life compared to the phone gps option I was using before is a massive improvement too.

The way that pre-set routes are prepared and loaded on it isn’t really covered in the manual or in Garmin’s online info, so ask on here if you get stuck and I’ll let you know the techniques I’ve identified to get it working nicely.

monkeyboyjc

Bought mine just before Christmas. Its a nice peice of kit however I have had a couple of issues with the auto circular route mapping – first on a road ride It tried to take me down a gravel bridal way, I check and the ride was definitely set for road. Secondly it doesnt contai all bridalways for the mtb. So when you set a 15mile circular route 80% will be on the road. I know of many many bridalways around my house any I wont route them together.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ve just ordered one with halfords. theflatboy, I may take you up on that offer thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a garmin edge touring?’ is closed to new replies.