Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone got a galaxy s2 or incredible s?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Seems like everyone wants silly money for the desire s so either I drop the budget down and get a desire or stick at the same money (about £30 a month) and get one of the above. Anyone got either? Thoughts and comments?

allthepies
    Free Member

Galaxy S2 is a monster phone and I’d be surprised if it were available cheaper than the Desire S.

P.S. I’m happy with my new Galaxy S (original version)

loddrik
    Free Member

The galaxy s2 is out on Sunday. Looks to be a serious bit of kit.

fontmoss
    Free Member

this is very similar to what they want for the desire s

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_monthly/init/Samsung/Galaxy_S_II

and carphone warehouse it’s a bit more than desire s, prob 5 or 10 more a month depending on which tariff

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-2/MONTHLY/NEW?network=

mrmo
    Free Member

having just got a Galaxy S i have to say it is a very nice phone, i can’t see the S2 be a mess. I do wonder whether it is worth the extra though. I guess in 12 months might be a different story though.

Cougar

The Incredible S and Desire S are as close to identical as makes no odds, IIRC. It’s a worthy alternative to the Desire S.

The Galaxy is a Samsung Android phone, which is reason enough to give it a wide berth IMHO.

fontmoss
    Free Member

not a fan of samsung android then?

want to either go cheaper ie £20 and get a desire or go up to £31 for something that’ll still be decent in 18 months hence galaxy 2 interest, any others to look at? I know tech is outdated instantly etc

loddrik
    Free Member

iPhone 4, some decent deals around.

retro83
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    The Galaxy is a Samsung Android phone, which is reason enough to give it a wide berth IMHO.

What’s wrong with Samsung Android phones?
    Admittedly the 2.1 firmware had a few problems, but it was fixed and is now pretty good IMHO. No major bugs that I’ve found, Flash video works perfectly, games work perfectly etc. Angry Birds has a noticeably better framerate than on the HTC desire, as does scrolling in webpages for instance.

From what I’ve seen of the GS2 firmware (leaked and disected on XDA), it looks like a cracking phone.

fontmoss
    Free Member

not seen iphone4 for anything less than £35 a month plus a handset cost

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a galaxy s2 or incredible s?’ is closed to new replies.