Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone got a galaxy s2 or desire s?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Narrowed my choices and just trying to decide whether to spend less on the very competent desire s (approx £25 a month) or bump it up to £33 and get the galaxy s2 which seems to be getting rave reviews.

donsimon
    Free Member

Haven’t you bought one yet?

fontmoss
    Free Member

*hangs head in shame* No 🙁

My friends are berating me for such long deliberations but it’s a lot of money (for me)

loddrik
    Free Member

Just ordered a Galaxy S2 today, prob won’t get it til after the weekend though.

nickname
    Free Member

Pay attention to how quickly each company roll out Android updates (unless you want to start installing custom roms).

I imagine both will come with 2.3, but it’s always nice to have the latest, and some companies suck at getting them out to the public.

* I would get the S2 if you don’t mind paying the extra 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

I just went and got a Galaxy S, it hasn’t got 2.3 yet, the update has been halted for some reason so it should be happening. Same price as a desire slightly bigger screen, arguably Amoled is better than the desire screen.
    And some very good deals as it is being replaced by the S2

fontmoss
    Free Member

both desire s and s2 have android 2.3, galaxy is nice but i figure i’ll use same approach as with a computer-spend more cash at the outset and hope it lasts a bit better

Cougar

I keep saying this but,

Samsung do some fantastic hardware, but their implementation and support of Android is gash. It’d take a lot of persuading for me to have a Galaxy of any flavour.

oldnpastit

Slight thread hijack – do any of these Android phones work well as a gps on a bike? As an alternative to the inevitable Garmin?

i.e. sensitive receiver, doesn’t eat batteries?

fontmoss
    Free Member

as far as i know GPS varies between handsets so might be worth seeking out a good one for GPS if that’s your intention

Cougar

I’d say yes with the caveat that it’s not weatherproof or crashproof. For that reason, I’m oot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a galaxy s2 or desire s?’ is closed to new replies.