Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got a Fox DOSS dropper post?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Talk to me.

jsync

Mate has one, no reliability issues that I’m aware of. I didn’t like it, only a 2 position drop using the (massive) 2 lever system, was very stiff too.

For context I’ve had reverbs for the past 3 years and have been very happy with then, short of the current one that has just been away under warranty.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had one for 2 years. It’s on my other bike so hasn’t had too much abuse but it never fails and is something I just forget about. The return is fast and they are pressure sensitive but IMHO better than the reverbs I’ve had that gave up on a regular basis. Oh and they are way cheaper in Germany.

zero-cool
    Free Member

They’re really reliable. But people were put off by a combination of the huge lever(s) and a flood of cheap Reverbs. There’s loads of information on the modifying shifters to work with them (quite a few Fox sponsored racers have done this) as it looks tidier and works as well. Not sure if any cable levers from other brands work. Also people got hung up on the fact that they don’t have infinite adjustment, personally I only have my Reverb up or down as with a dropped there’s not really the need to having halfway in a compromise.

Tom KP

BearBack
    Free Member

Without question the most reliable dropper post available. My doss is 3 years old in its 3rd bike now with nothing more than adding air once.
    3 positions give you full height for obvious purposes, small drop allowing you a little saddle clearance and ability to pedal through tech sections and slammed for maximum dh rallying 😉
    I rented a bike with an infinite position KS post and i was forever faffing with tring to get the position i wanted. With the doss fixed positions you know what you’re going to get.
    Running 1x with the lever in place of the front shifter and it looks fine.

amedias
    Free Member

I had one, it was ace, super reliable and I prefer the 3 position posts rather than infinite like my old KS. I only got rid of the DOSS because I needed a post with layback so swapped to a Specialized Command post (also 3 position), I’d definitely have one again.

noskills
    Free Member

I’ve got a doss, a reverb and had a Thomson, all 3 have been faultless but the doss is my favourite basically because of the first dropped position, I’ve found the small drop really effective and use it all the time through pedaly downhill sections as it gets the saddle out of the way just enough to weight the pedals for cornering.
    The pressure is easily adjusted with a standard pump rather than being sent off for a nitrogen recharge or similar, I run mine at the lowest advised pressure otherwise the return can be a bit vicious!
    The lever works great under the bar if running 1x but wouldn’t want to pair it with a front shifter and have it on top of the bar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Fox DOSS dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.