Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a Flexifoil Buzz kite?
  • tommid
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting one for my Dad for his Birthday, any good?
    It would be his first big kite, but i know he has fancied one for years.
    Tell me what you think.
    Cheers in advance.

iainc

yes, I think mine is about 3m, – ace piece of kit, will dig out where I got it from in a mo.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I've got one (in rasta colours, obviously).
    Really good fun. It's not like flying a kite in't old days, you've got to actually fly it. Like move your arms around and react to its behaviour, if that makes sense.

When you get the hang of it it's ace.

iainc
    spacehopper

friend of mine has one and its what got me into kiting..

great fun kite and easy to fly! 😀

surfer
    Free Member

Kites are ace, I've acquired loads over the years and always have one in my car!

My biggest is this bad boy, Beemer scares the bejeebers out of me!

Driller
    Free Member

The Buzz is good fun but is really a beginners kite and being a two-line kite can be a bit limiting in the long-run.

A four-line kite like the Flexifoil Sting might be a better bet. They range from 1.2m to 3.3m, I have a 2.4m (along with quite a few other kites) and it's great in lots of wind conditions.

I take it pretty much everywhere, and I always throw it in my suitcase when I'm going on holiday, it's a great kite to let people have a go with if they haven't flown before, and I even use it as my buggy kite when the wind is strong. They handle really brilliantly and are just great fun to fly.

Worth the extra cash over the Buzz, and for me Flexifoil are worth the extra cash over lots of the cheaper makes. Brilliant quality and great back-up service from Flexifoil.

alpin
    Free Member

as Diller says, you/he would be better off with a four-line kite. it allows to have more control of the kite and re-right it if it lands on its leading edge.

Also have a look at the Beamer range. i started off with a 3.2m Beamer and learnt quickly where you can position the kite and what to expect.

Be aware that smaller kites can give more of a kick than larger ones. due to their small size they accelerate quickly and are more manouverable and therefore snatchy.

Driller
    Free Member

Nice pic Alpin, I assume that's you riding.

Oh, and while I'm on, I can recommend http://www.powerkiteshop.com based in the West Midlands, I've had good service and competitive prices from them always.

alpin
    Free Member

yup, that's me. you'll have to congratulate the GF for the photo, though.

cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Flexifoil Buzz kite?’ is closed to new replies.