Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone got a few idle moments?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

We often see ourselves in reflections or mirror effects on skype etc, and get a bit distracted if we see ourselves ‘uncorrected’. is that why folks don’t like pictures of themselves?

is there a bit of a study somewhere comparing people’s reaction to their pictures reversed and not?

Moses

But some people take lots of pictures of themselves, so I assume they like them.
    They’re called selfies, now 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Selfies are mirror image

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ha! so they are! That’s it, my minds gone.

zilog6128

Selfies are mirror image

Whoa. Never noticed that before.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Guy at work got very confused by his daughters Facebook feed as her fancy dress make-up kept shifting from side to side in the pictures.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Selfies are mirror image

Right, I just tried this…yes, I pouted and turned to the side a little. 🙂

The image on the screen as I was working on my best look was a mirror image, but the photo taken, before uploading to Instagram and snapchat wasn’t.

I’ve either read about or seen something on a documentary about this before. It’s down to our faces not being altogether symmetrical, so while we’re used to seeing a mirror image of ourselves all our lives, when we see ourselves as we are to others, it’s a bit of a surprise. Generally, the more symmetrical a face, the more attractive it is to others. Perhaps there’s something there in how we view ourselves too.

Possibly (but just guessing) a similar feeling to when we hear a recording of our own voices and think “Cripes, is that what I sound like?”

slowoldman

Right, I just tried this…yes, I pouted and turned to the side a little

De rigeur the pout. Then all your Facebook girlfriends are supposed to comment “Gorgeous, hun” or some such drivel.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have 12 likes, 7 hearts and 5 “Gorgeous” so far. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

And a cum shot from me

zilog6128

The image on the screen as I was working on my best look was a mirror image, but the photo taken, before uploading to Instagram and snapchat wasn’t.

OK, just tried that (minus the uploading part!). You are quite correct. Double whoa.

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a phone (or ipad) app where you can give yourself a symmetrical face. I look bloody gorgeous.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JY too much man. TOO MUCH! 😆

teasel
    Free Member

Possibly (but just guessing) a similar feeling to when we hear a recording of our own voices and think “Cripes, is that what I sound like?”

You guess correctly. I recently installed a dashcam in the car and although it can be muted, has a mic. And my bloody voice, ffs…

I have been tempted to remove my vocal chords, though a less drastic route has been simply not talking unless totally necessary (y’know, things like tosser, **** and ****).

My partner is thrilled with the outcome…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a few idle moments?’ is closed to new replies.