Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got a DT 240S toolkit I can borrow? (Bristol)
  • Leon
    Free Member

Hi there,

I need to service my DT 240s rear hub, and I need at the minimum, the £50 tool to take out the ring drive from the hub shell.

Does anyone have one I could borrow for a couple of days?

I’m in Bristol, but if someone has one and doesn’t mind posting it to me, I’ll post it back when finished, and cover the postage costs (+ a beer 🙂

Thanks,

Leon

bland

Can you not just pull them apart and knock the bearings out? I did that on my 340.

And id sell the 240 before you crack it, i just cracked my flange and body last week in the peaks, total waste of money they are

Ambrose

Yup, here in Ammanford, Carmarthenshire. Email in profile. Do you know Mugs, if so, buy him some chocolate from me, he’s a star.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Leon
    Free Member

bland – thanks for the tip-off, but mine is at least 7 years old and still going strong. This is the first bearing change too. It’s been hammered to death on my cross bike, and the aluminium has started oxidizing under the paint a little, but it still works well.

Ambrose – thanks v much, I’ll be in touch

Leon
    Free Member

oh, and you can’t just pull out the bearings (well, 3 of the 4 you can), but the drive side one in the shell is behind the ring drive, and you need the special tool to extract it – unfortunately, that’s the one bearing in my hub that is really shot 🙁

D0NK

I had to take it to LBS, 2 min job, prob cost me a fiver, can’t remember exactly, you don’t need the tool to get it back in.
    Someone mentioned welding a hex nut to an old ring drive half but mine aren’t very worn yet, when I replace them I’ll give it a go on the old ones.

nickegg
    Free Member

Try the guys at Bike Bristol….I’d say ask for me but it’s my day off!

Leon
    Free Member

thanks all,

I’ve found that a friend of mine in Bristol has the tool, so I’ll be popping over his house once I have the bearings for a bit of maintenance and ale drinking 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a DT 240S toolkit I can borrow? (Bristol)’ is closed to new replies.