Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a Devinci Spartan Carbon?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

After a bit of feedback about these if anyone has any significant time on one?
    I really don’t trust mag reviews, so I was hoping for some real world experiences.

rs
    Free Member

not quite, but I have a carbon Troy and that’s awesome! I’m sure the Spartan is more awesomer, on the downhills at least!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

rs – what size is the Troy? Is there any reason not to buy one?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Not a Spartan but a carbon Troy here too.
    Great bikes, can’t fault the troy. Climbs well and descends far better than me!
    Size wise they do come up shorter on the top tube than some but that’s perfect for me. 5 foot ten and on a medium.
    The guys at freeborn were very helpful when I got mine.
    Plus a lifetime frame warranty – what’s not to like 🙂

rs
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” on medium too, there seems to be a thing about the Troy being short, I don’t find that at all.

Any reason not to buy one? you’re a mincer and it would be too much bike!*

*I have no idea if you’re a mincer or not 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yes I’ve been rumbled, I’m a mincer, put the Credit Card away….

wrecker
    Free Member

Encouraging replies, even if they area about the troy.
    The Spartan is ticking a lot of boxes so far, I was hoping for a reasonably neutral review.

justaname
    Free Member

Recently built up an ali Dixon, its one of the best bikes I’ve ever had. Devinci really know how to put a bike together I have to say…

johnny

I have a 2013 Atlas Carbon, so this is a comment on Devinci bikes in general. Having said that, they share the same split pivot design and both have the Carbon front/alu stays. They aren’t the lightest of Carbon frames, but the construction is solid. In 18 months of riding I’ve had to replace the two bearings at the top of the seat stays, and nothing else. All of the cable routing is external, which some may not like.

I particularly like the robustness of the mech hanger integrated into the 142×12 axle fitting. All over the frame there are well sized hex bolt fittings and big spannerable pivots. So far it seems to warrant the lifetime warranty!

The Atlas is a brilliantly capable trail bike, very quick handling for a 110mm travel 29er and stable in the air/ on rough stuff. If these characteristics translate into the larger bike, I imagine the Spartan is Awesome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Devinci Spartan Carbon?’ is closed to new replies.