Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Anyone got a dental implant?
  • santhu01-spam
    Free Member

Dental implant is a Titanium screw of metal that is fixed/inserted into the jawbone. Implant is placed in the jawbone to hold an artificial tooth in place. The implants are placed in the clinic under local anesthesia and after a period of healing the artificial Teeth are fabricated, I had the same at toothcare,one of the best dental clinic in hyderabad.

ononeorange

I have one done about 6 years ago I think. It didn’t hurt – the drugs were weird though – I was very vaguely aware of the procedure and of rabitting on in the taxi home excitedly about everything I saw and then becoming obsessed at home about the curtains then promptly falling asleep. A weird out of body experience like nothing else! Done late afternoon, I was back at work the next morning with just an aching jaw and a hangover from hell.

Since then it’s been good, fingers crossed. I eliminated the other options that you mentioned. This was expensive but I viewed it as probably cheaper in the long run.

Chap who did it has a great reputation and is London-based – can let you have his details. You need to ensure that you have no colds, sore throats etc when it’s done as that can affect the bone growing around it, apparently. I had to postpone a couple of times. Oh yes, you have to keep your blood pressure down for a couple of weeks so NO BIKING!!

Metasequoia

“expensive, time consuming and uncomfortable”
    :lol:, sounds like some thing we all have in common, yes riding mountain bikes. 3k a tooth may be expensive but =’s about one carbon frame courtesy of SantaCruz……

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

How weird that a 3 year old thread has been resurrected the day before I go in for my pre-implant x-ray…
    I was going to make my own decision, but interesting to read thoughts of stw.

Only thing that really bugs me, is that it’s going to cost about the same as a nice new bike… and I haven’t had one of those in 6 years! Spending that amount on teeth is hard to do…

noteeth
    Free Member

Spending that amount on teeth is hard to do…

Also true of drivetrains, mind.

ononeorange

Apt name, noteeth.

Mud is less harsh on teeth than on drivetrains. FACT.

njee20
    Free Member

Why do some threads draw so much spam? This one’s been resurrected several times in the last 4 years!

DezB
    Free Member

Duh, started reading it again..!

thehustler
    Free Member

weird that this came on groupon today

Cougar

This one’s been resurrected several times in the last 4 years!

Five.

Hustler, FYI I’ve edited your link to remove tracking info.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a dental implant?’ is closed to new replies.