Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone got a decent paella recipe?
  • MSP

Not much more to add, as above.

Sancho
    Free Member

Vesta packet Paella

lunge

I’ve always made paella in a “see how it goes” way, but roughly speaking:
    1 cup of rice
    2 cups of chicken stock
    Some dark chicken meat or raddit if you’re doing it properly, browned
    Whatever seafood you can get your dirty mits on
    A good pinch of saffron

Throw all in a big pan and cook for 40 mins. If you’ve got mussells or squid don’t put that in until the last 5 mins.

Seems to work OK for me.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Jamie’s

is a good one I love making this and also Risotto calms me down by the time I’ve finished after a hard day

stevomcd
    Free Member

Make mine like this:

Fry up chicken (or preferred meat content – I’ve even used horse!) in a paella pan with oil, garlic & onion.

Once browned, add rice (preferably risotto rice) and fry for a minute or 2 to brown the rice. Stir-fry in some peppers & peas at the same time.

Add enough water to just about cover all of that. Stir-in some saffron. Put the lid on the pan and leave for about 20 mins or so. If you have mussles, cockles etc in their shells, put them in when you put the lid on. Add prawns etc in the last 5 minutes. Raw squid should get pan-fried early on.

Ideally, don’t stir at all once you’ve put the lid on. You want the rice at the bottom of the pan to caramelise a bit.

When the water has all bit disappeared and your mussels are open, it’s ready!

AdamW
    Free Member

Chunks of chorizo dry fried until the oil comes out.
    Chicken then fried in that oil, together with sliced onion.
    Pinch of smoked paprika, cup of rice, chicken stock and add in the chorizo again. Cook until chicken done and rice nice.

Job’s, as they say, a good ‘un.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a decent paella recipe?’ is closed to new replies.