Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone got a contact in Madisons?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Someone involved with Shimano warranty would be great. Cheers

jedi

i wish 🙂

spev

I’ve got an account with them, what you need to know?

xanboy
    Free Member

Why what’s up. I’d have thought you’d need to go back to your retailer.

Klunk
    Free Member

Mister P of this parish works for Madison (though he may have moved on, not talked to him for a while) he may pop is head in.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

MT68 wheelset freehub lasted 80 miles, before splitting open. Lots of issues with the SLX freehubs on the net. I have sent the freehub back to the shop I bought the bike, just wanted to know if the replacements are actually better than the originals , that’s all, so thought I would ask the Shimano importer.

njee20
    Free Member

They won’t be.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

That’s why I want someone from Madisons to advise me this 😉
    I believe the XT’s had the same issues as well.

xanboy
    Free Member

They’ll send you a replacement and then I guess it’s up to you. I’m not sure you’ll get anyone to tell you anything other than the replacement will be better

Edric64
    Free Member

Get a refund then as item is of unmerchantable quality and unfit for the purpose for which it was sold

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Wheels are part of a bike, which I like. If the wheels aren’t fit for purpose, that’s something I may be able to work on. I obviously cant allow just one failure to be a reason on rejection. I am not willing just to ‘bin them and buy another make’. I have spent enough already. Web searching and people have ideas of Shimano changing things, like heat treatment to prevent failures, but in the same way, take that info from unknown sources as a pinch of salt, hence the Madison contact to advise accordingly. I believe this issue is with solid axle hubs, which then have to make the outer shell thinner to allow space for pawls and bearings. Not wishing to travel with the bike and worry about the next failure of something that shouldn’t fail at an early stage of life. Luckily it broke near the end of my Spain holiday and although loosing gears and making noises like a cement mixer, held together to get home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a contact in Madisons?’ is closed to new replies.