Anyone got a Commencal Meta AM?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone got a Commencal Meta AM?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got a Commencal Meta AM?
  • MoseyMTB

And know where I can get the neoprene shock guard that comes with the newer model?

I’ve looked on the Commencal site but they want 14 euros for shipping which is nearly what the thing costs!!

Anyone been able to get one elsewhere?

Looks like this –

Was going to suggest crc, that’s where I got mine, but it see they’re out of stock. Good luck finding one!

MoseyMTB

Wonder if a neoguard would work?

Looks like it’s 14euro postage or nothing.

Who is the UK distributor?

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

UK distributor is (was) Decade, who are Chain Reaction, not sure if they still are or if Commencal have gone down a direct sales route, seems to be a bit of both at the moment, CRC don’t seem to be getting any new stock in so I suspect they may have quietly parted ways
    I got the guard from Commencal but only as I managed to get it as a freebie due to some issues when I bought my frameset (shipped with wrong bottom bracket and fork decals etc, I had a contact at Commencal and managed to wangle a freebie when I complained)
    Agree on postage being steep, it works quite well in keeping muck off the shock, and fits easy but mine has now broke, the wire that attaches it at the bottom has snapped so I’ve got to fix it with a wire coat hanger now
    Not sure I would pay the price plus postage for one, if you had a bit of neoprene a sewing machine and a coat hanger you could easily make your own for pence (I found an old inner tube didn’t work very well when I tried that before getting the guard)

An XS Neoguard could probably be made to fit, the Commie one is very narrow- about an inch across when stretched and fitted, despite this it works

MoseyMTB

Iain that’s great thanks,

The girlfriend is quite handy with a sewing machine and I have an old neoprene jacket. Any chance you could measure the width and height at all?

I’ll try and whip one up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Commencal Meta AM?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top