Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got a bleeding pump?
  • wwaswas

I guess it was only a matter of time before the ‘Gunson Eezibleed’ approach to disk brake bleeding filtered down to bikes (I know Hope had one years ago but that was a nightmare to use and needed a car wheel as an air reservoir).

Even for bike shops the time gains must be marginal once you get the right adapters on each end of the tubing etc? The opportunities for a workshop covered in fluid if something comes loose must be quite high, too.

(via http://urbanvelo.org/tektro-disc-brake-bleeding-pump/)

Nobby

I must admit that I have toyed with the idea of making something Gunsonesque to use with my ghetto inflator. Not sure it’s actually worth it though.

Milkie
    Free Member

I have the hope bleed kit, which you can use your bike tyre, just as easy to use as the Gunson Easybleed.

That Tektro thing looks awesome, could be better with some LED’s. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyl
    Free Member

Does it pump fluid in or a provide a vacuum? The best way to fill your brakes is by vacuum as it draws out air from liquids and crevices and can be used to fully drain and remove any water residue too.

I am guessing by the volume thing you fill it and it pumps it in?

Nobby

but this vacuum bleeding pump from Tektro

According to the link.

andyl
    Free Member

Missed that. Was looking on the Tektro site for it.

It should give better results than syringes then. You could get a hand held car vacuum bleed thing though for home use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a bleeding pump?’ is closed to new replies.