Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone got a 20" Orange Alpine round Leeds area ?
  • misterfrostie
    Free Member

Been trying to get my hands on a 20" Alpine, just to size up really. Stif are struggling and need to get one direct from Orange. Got a 20" Five at the moment and fits fine but wondered if anyone had one locally that I could maybe take a look at and maybe have a very quick spin.
    Long term member of Singletrack – check profile – not looking to loot your bike or anything like that – just a quick look and maybe a bit of opinion.
    E mail in profile.

18" Alpine 160 in Manchester if you want to check the 18" is definately too small.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Just been looking at the pic you posted on the forum that bike looks super sweet. What area of Manchester are you in ?

mark_b
    Free Member

Long term member of Singletrack – check profile – not looking to loot your bike or anything like that – just a quick look and maybe a bit of opinion.

You can have a go on my Patriot if i can have a go on your 5 (at Ae preferably 🙂 )

Megatron

my Alpine frame is sitting in it's box all wrapped in bubble wrap at my LBS, after just being delivered from Orange 😀

really sorry though, it's the right size, but not that near Leeds…

mk1fan
    Free Member
    misterfrostie
    Free Member

Thats really tempting but set on an Alpine now.

@ Mark_b – you got a deal mate. I'l be selling the black 5 when I get an Alpine lined up if you're interested. Where were you Tuesday btw ?

@ Megatron – if you want to sell it shout up 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Seems a lot of guys want this bike

Megatron

@misterfrostie no chance!!! 😆
    tbh, my LBS sorted out a test bike direct from Orange for me 🙂
    Worth the wait to get a ride on the right size bike. I took it out for a big day in the Dark Peak, so I know how it rides there.
    If you can't find anyone near Leeds, wait for Stif to borrow one from Orange (it'll be worth it) but the Alpines do have a very similar set up to a Five.

mark_b
    Free Member

Where were you Tuesday btw ?

Had a rare opportunity to actually ride in the daylight so took that rather than bog trotting on Tuesday night 🙂 was still clarty but at least i could see how dirty i was getting.

Found some 'interesting' new lines in Spring Wood 🙂

And as much as i'd like a 5 i don't have room in the garage for one !

misterfrostie
    Free Member

@ Mark – we're riding Spring Wood Tuesday so maybe you can show us those new lines.

@ Megatron – I take it yours is 20" ? I think I will wait for a demo if the timescales are reasonable. How tall are you and how did the demo feel ? I'm sure that 20" is right for me but it'd be nice to make sure. What colour did you go for ? Need mine in time for the Passporte Du Soleil in June 🙂

Megatron

yup, 20" frame, and I'm 6'4". If your around the same height you may need a longer seat post…
    Time scale from Orange is just a case of if it's not out somewhere else when you want to test it, and a day or two to get it couriered out to the shop.

Its a bit strange going from a longer TT and rigid 29er to the Alpine. Great fun to throw about 🙂 It was very confident on the downs (trying to follow someone last summer around Verbier showed this).
    The front end is quite high, and found it had a little bit of a wonder on the ups (I'm getting a TALAS on the front of mine to shorten it for then) but still very capable and sure-footed – my legs gave up before it did.
    It's no xc bike for sure, but will happily go for the big days out.

Frame colour: Plasma Blue with white forks, and mostly black kit to be put on. I'll post up a pic or two when it gets built up. 😀

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Well I've ordered mine. Neon Green 8)

There was a 5 outside the shop in the same colour and it looked fantastic.

Mark – keep it quiet I'll surprise the lads with it one night 🙂

I'll alo be dropping my 36 Talas onto mine – hopefully make the climbs a bit more comfortable. I'll post some pics up when its built up 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a 20" Orange Alpine round Leeds area ?’ is closed to new replies.