Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone got a 1.6i PETROL berlingo or partner?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Anything shit about the engine? or to look out for?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one: Which review says the engine struggles with a full load. That’s something I shouldn’t find a problem.

hora
    Free Member

Whats a full load?

Today I overtook three cars in one go in a 65bhp 1.0 3cylinder car with a bike on the roof on Snake pass. Learn how your gearbox matches your engine. Which magazine knoobs

martymac

mate has the berlingo, engine (1.6i) has been fine on his, it has plenty of power for normal driving ime.
    plenty of space inside too.

handyandy
    Free Member

I have the 1.4 petrol, and the only thing i would fault it with is fuel economy. I drive fairly gentle and get 350 miles from £60 worth of fuel.

jamj1974

Whats a full load?
    Today I overtook three cars in one go in a 65bhp 1.0 3cylinder car with a bike on the roof on Snake pass. Learn how your gearbox matches your engine. Which magazine knoobs

Did Molgrips mind you pushing in? 😉

No offence intended Molgrips.

kayak23

I have the 1.6 Blingo. In short…… It’s frikkin awesome!
    Mine has been great so far for the year or so I’ve had it. Not let me down.
    Took me and two mates around the bike parks of several European countries last year for 3 weeks up and down the gnarliest mountain roads. Could have done with a tad more poke sometimes I guess but certainly not underpowered. Awesome car…

Note the false floor and pull out table…

hora
    Free Member

Wow what mpg do you get?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I have the 1.6 petrol partner.. Engine is fine, cheaper to buy than the diesels, fewer expensive things to fix on the petrol engine so I reckon for banger bike moving its a good bet. It’s not huge inside, but providing you’re creative I think it’s fine, you can sleep in it if you’re by yourself and as above move plenty of kit and people too!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’ve not measured the tank average yet but I suspect it’s not much better than 30-35mpg.

hora
    Free Member

Tbh if you get 45mpg v higher purchase price v cost of diesel is the difference enough?

Thrn you add ontop the 1k bill.

br
    Free Member

I have the 1.4 petrol, and the only thing i would fault it with is fuel economy. I drive fairly gentle and get 350 miles from £60 worth of fuel.

About 36mpg… Not so good but how loaded is it?

By comparison I drive a 3.0 petrol car and get 28mpg, not driving gently 🙂

But if a petrol version costs far less than a diesel, it might be cheaper – especially as petrol engines seem to have far less go wrong with them these days.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Today I overtook three cars in one go in a 65bhp 1.0 3cylinder car with a bike on the roof on Snake pass

Another triumph for Peak District rambler/MTBer relations….

handyandy
    Free Member

It was Kayak23 who suggested i get a bajingo a few months ago, and I am really happy with it.

Regarding how loaded it is, that is me with nothing in it, and I am 13 stone, so its pretty poor consumption. Not complaining though, as I get my 4x bike and a mates 4x bike in it with the wheels on, no faffing.

Doing a tour of the uk in it in june, visiting fort william for the 4x and DH, just carrying bikes, tents and a few spares. Cant wait!

hora
    Free Member

Plumslikerocks. What has a clean and safe overtake got to do with that?

If they think that way then its already a done-deal.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

What has a clean and safe overtake got to do with that

because I’d bet quite a lot of money that it wasn’t, and that other drivers had to make allowances for you and that if the old bill saw that particular manoeuvre they’d want to be having words.

hora
    Free Member

I drive a thin tin can. If I hit a bank at 30mph I’d probably have a serious right leg injury. Do you think I’d play with mine or others health recklessly?

Alot of idiots assume overtakers are balls to the wind. Simply untrue.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a 1.6i PETROL berlingo or partner?’ is closed to new replies.