Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone gone tubeless on Alex Volar rims?
  • simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Have some Alex volar 2.5 rims which when new I contemplated setting up tubeless but I couldn’t get the tyres to seat into the rim at all. Even with tubes as soon as you let the air out of the inner tube the tyre just drops off the rim.

Just wondered if anyone had successfully managed to set them up tubeless and if so how they go on for burping.

Cheers

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Yip, gorilla tape. HR2. Sealant. Track pump. Inflated, no problem. Holds air fine.

mboy
    Free Member

You must be using very loose tyres

I had some, and all the tyres I tried were pretty tight and sealed well in conjunction with 2 wraps of stans yellow tape.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. The tyres are schwalbe Magic Mary and Nobby nic. They do seem very loose. Certainly don’t need levers to get them onto the rims.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

I tried a hans dampf on my old sun ringle rim (tubeless). It was very slack. Gave up. Washed tyre, boxed it up. Went back the shop. Swapped it for a vigilante.
    It went on no bother.
    Some tyre rim combinations are defo non compatible. In my opinion. I had a stans arch rim, what I could hardly get a tyre onto. Even with lube. It would go on with a lot of swearing. Broke decent tyre levers too. Would never sit properly on the rim. Ran like it was buckled, would never centre. I hung it up in the shed and bought the alex.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Cheers. Will give it another go with some more rim tape.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone gone tubeless on Alex Volar rims?’ is closed to new replies.