Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone going to watch the Tour of Britain?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

It comes quite close to my house, on a weekend.

cinnamon_girl

Yep! Ma boy suggested meeting up. 8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Not close enough to me unfortuantely, but the route looks much more interesting this year than last.

🙂

Drac

Not me as it doesn’t cover the NE.

cinnamon_girl

We’re going to see the finish in Guildford, 150km stage in Surrey. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

The end of the Welsh stage is only a few miles away, but I don’t think I can make it with my daughter after school.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, the TT is at Knowsley safari park, I’m sure a site visit can be arranged

crazy-legs

Probably catch a bit of it in the Lakes and I might be in London on the weekend that it finishes there.

yunki
    Free Member

it crosses at least one of my fave local xc loops.. 8)

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’ll go and watch them climbing over the mountain out of Machynlleth.

joshbosh12
    Free Member

I live in Builth Wells and work in Brecon so should be able to catch some decent action 🙂 I experienced it for the 1st time last year and am really looking forward to seeing it again.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d love to cycle over to see it actually.. may not win brownie point with the family though if I go on my own!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yep either go down to Drumlanrigg with the family and have a day out or ride down there, watch the finish then ride home.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yup!

Its coming through Snowdonia, so I’m going to ride the section from Betws to the top of Pen-y-Pass, watch from the hill, then ride dwon to the finish in Llanberis.

Really looking forward to it, and it’s on my birthday as well 🙂

fathomer

Going down to London for the finish fingers crossed, it’s my birthday as well!

psling
    Free Member

Another one for the North to South Wales stage here, will probably watch above Builth Wells (as I did last year) then follow it down to Devon. It’s become a bit of a camper van road trip for me the last couple of years. 8) Happy birthday Sue, I must be 4 days older than you 😉

Houns

Nope, this thread first I’ve seen/heard about it

jp-t853

I was thinking that I would cycle along to either Buttermere or Honister, I am tempted to see how quickly they come over the top.

The Seatoller section sounds like a crazy idea for a bunch to attempt.

midlifecrashes

Doubt it, doesn’t come east enough. Hardly a Tour of Britain. Bit like when the RAC rally changed it’s meaning to Rally Around Cheltenham.

jam-bo

i’m off that day with my boy. wondering how close I can get to the haytor finish before I have to hike with him.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks psling! I’m going to be 21 again, so I guess that will make you 21 + 4 days 😉

Enjoy the Tour down south … really glad that Wiggins is riding after missing him in Le Tour in France!

pdw
    Free Member

Going to see it in the Lakes. I’ll be the idiot trying to get a child trailer up Honister…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Hardly a Tour of Britain

You do know the Tour de France doesn’t go to every bit of France.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to watch the Tour of Britain?’ is closed to new replies.