Anyone going to Trek World?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone going to Trek World?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone going to Trek World?
  • stany

Went today. Once again, Trek are with or ahead of the pack in general IMO.
    Really like the look of the Remedy 650, and just wish I had the terrain to make use of a Slash.

geordiepaul

Open to the public, wondered if anyone was going?

geordiepaul

Get any photos?

Ramsey Neil

stany – Member
    Went today. Once again, Trek are with or ahead of the pack in general IMO.
    Really like the look of the Remedy 650, and just wish I had the terrain to make use of a Slash.

Disagree Trek seem to be playing catch up more often than not . Look at the Domane launched years after Spesh had defined the genre with the Roubaix . Where was the WSD carbon high end 29er hardtail for 2013 or 2014 . Where is the own brand dropper post . They were slow with the uptake of 2 x 10 gearing , slow to use 1×11 Sram in their 2014 range .
    Their bikes are generally superb , and they do seem to have stolen a march on others with the Stache , and I thing integrating the sensor into the frame on the Madone is great , although with GPS computers it is a feature thathas become slightly redundant .

mrmo

Look at the Domane launched years after Spesh had defined the genre with the Roubaix .

and which is the better bike? ie which does the job better. being early to market isn’t always best. Consider the early Trek FS bikes! And is the Domaine really equivalent, the Roubaix has bits of rubber stuck in the seat stays and the Domaine uses a flexy settube.

They were slow with the uptake of 2 x 10 gearing , slow to use 1×11 Sram in their 2014 range .

how can you be slow to use for the 2014 range? we are not in 2014! as for 2×10 v 3×10, what does your market want. Give me two bikes one shimano one sram i’ll take the Shimano one every time, plenty of people i know have bought on this basis.

and I thing integrating the sensor into the frame on the Madone is great

As the sensors are ANT+ they are compatible with other head units, win win then.

as for the womens 29er, if you start from the premise that women are shorter then men, which is one of the reasons why 650 womens road bikes were made, why rush to provide a bike that it will be difficult to get the rider to fit?

As for dropper posts, despite what some on here seem to think, they aren’t common, i have seen a few about but most people don’t use them. If you want one fit it yourself not hard. It adds a fair chunk to the retail price and for the numbers who are going to want it compared to the numbers who aren’t. I would suspect you will loose more customers than you gain.

Ramsey Neil

Posted 2 hours ago #
    mrmo – Member

Look at the Domane launched years after Spesh had defined the genre with the Roubaix .

and which is the better bike? ie which does the job better. being early to market isn’t always best. Consider the early Trek FS bikes! And is the Domaine really equivalent, the Roubaix has bits of rubber stuck in the seat stays and the Domaine uses a flexy settube.

They were slow with the uptake of 2 x 10 gearing , slow to use 1×11 Sram in their 2014 range .

how can you be slow to use for the 2014 range? we are not in 2014! as for 2×10 v 3×10, what does your market want. Give me two bikes one shimano one sram i’ll take the Shimano one every time, plenty of people i know have bought on this basis.

and I thing integrating the sensor into the frame on the Madone is great

As the sensors are ANT+ they are compatible with other head units, win win then.

as for the womens 29er, if you start from the premise that women are shorter then men, which is one of the reasons why 650 womens road bikes were made, why rush to provide a bike that it will be difficult to get the rider to fit?

[/quote]

Well the 2014 range has been announced so we do know what Trek are doing .
    As we all know by now 29ers don’t only fit tall people.

The Domane and Roubaix are both great bikes with many pro wins but the point is that Trek were playing catch up by a considerable margin .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to Trek World?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top