Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone going to the Selkirk Merida from Glasgow area?
  • u01iam6
    Free Member

Hi,

Due to my friends last minute decision not to participate in the Selkirk Merida this august, im left in a bit of a stoosh how to get myself down there. My parents need the car for getting to work so i am not able to drive down myself.

If anyone is going to the event that lives in Glasgow, or will be passing through on the way, and willing to carshare could they please contact me. I would chip in for fuel obvously. A lift would be greatly appreciated as I have put a lot of effort into training for what will hopefully be my first MTB competition/event of sorts.

I am a 20 yr old student, and new to this forum. I have been riding XC for the last 3 to 4 years on/off.

Thanks,

Iain

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top tip – say you are a Swedish female mountainbiker, and you'll have this whole Forum offering you a lift.

fontmoss
    Free Member

drop into alpine bikes, dales and gear and speak to staff-they may know someone

househusband

Top tip – say you are a Swedish female mountainbiker, and you'll have this whole Forum offering you a lift.

Agreed.

But the 'Swedish' and 'mountainbiker' bit will be unnecessary! 😆

radoggair
    Free Member

what are you doing, just the sunday ride??

u01iam6
    Free Member

I will only being doing the sunday ride, i gather the saturaday event is a road sportive so not really my bag.

Short of changing nationality and having my gender re-assigined, does anyone know the best way to make it down there on public transport if carsharing is not going to be an option?

I have had a look on the scotrail website and it seems you can only get the train down to carlisle and then you transfer onto bus for the final leg to selkirk. I dont know how you would persuaude a bus driver to let you drag a mountain bike on board.

If I am able, I will try to drop into the bike shop and ask as suggested.

Thanks for the replys so far.

Xan
    Free Member

I am heading down on the Saturday early in the morning and staying over. I have room for 1 person but no room for bike I am afraid.

u01iam6
    Free Member

Thats unfortunate Xan, I plan to get there on sat also but its not much use turning up without my bike.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Hi – I am going down from EK on the Saturday afternoon. Whereabouts in Glasgow are you?

One minor problem – my car has packed in, but it's in the garage just now so should hopefully be okay for the weekend.

Re-post and I'll check again tomorrow. I'm off to the land of nod.

u01iam6
    Free Member

I stay up in Bearsden & Milngavie area. But its no problem for me to get myself down to East Kilbride, I can catch the train. If it would be possible to grab a lift down to Selkirk I would be very grateful. Ill send you my email and mobile number.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Iain

u01iam6
    Free Member

iain.mactier.06@aberdeen.ac.uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to the Selkirk Merida from Glasgow area?’ is closed to new replies.