Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone going to see Primal Scream perform Screamadelica tonight?
  • Markie
    Free Member

Live at Olympia… should an awesome blast into the past!

I’m sad we’re not going but look forward to hearing from people who do!

jhw
    Free Member

Yep!

Apparently it’s going to be a 3 hour gig with them playing their hits first

I personally prefer my gigs short and sharp but there you go. I think they’re just assuming everyone is on ecstacy…

mos

Saw them do it first time round about 18 years ago at bradford uni.
    Still one of the best gigs ive been to.

soobalias
    Free Member

ive spent £25 on e’s to properly recreate the first time round experience

funnily enough due to inflation you now get 20, instead of 1 – bonus.

DezB
    Free Member

They are great live. Hate big venues myself, but get loaded, you’ll have a good time 🙂

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

No, but I am going to see Leftfield perform Leftism.

tang
    Free Member

saw them the first time at glastonbury after screamadelica, i think it was gong and the orb the same night. some strong acid to add to the mix…also an all nighter at brixton academy with george clinton and parliament was a strange night. always good value, reckon it will be great.

brassneck

Anyone who is going I am very very jealous of. 👿

Radio for me, though I guess I might just as well stick the CD on?

binners

I think they’re just assuming everyone is on ecstacy

A gang of my mates are going down, and it’ll be the E’s and a damn site more besides. I’m gutted I’m not going 🙁

binners

They are cracking live. One of the best gigs I’ve been to was seeing them on the XTRMINTOR tour play the Ritz in Manchester. A belting venue. I don’t think my ears have ever recovered

noteeth
    Free Member

Great album… but I’d rather move on – than move on up, tbh.

DaRC_L

used to see Bobby G and Mani far too often and loved Weatherall’s dj’ing so like noteeth I’ll be movin’ on and I don’t think my current SingleSpeed Seasick Steve look would fit in

rangerbill

went to see them a couple of years back at the Apollo Manchester and they were musically good but didnt really get me going. 🙁 Disappointed really because I played the album to death at college and really wanted to see them

Went to see Leftfield in Manchester and they were £&%KING ACE! 8)

theotherjonv

strewth, everyone’s at it, this reforming / touring to play classic album stunt. Not that I’m complaining – Bizarro last week, and this week I’m seeing Skunk Anansie at Brixton Academy.

I’m excited and a teensie bit scared too. Skin’s a bit frightening for me.

rewski
    Free Member

Yep, I’m going, can’t wait. Does anyone know if the bassist from Jah Wobble will be guesting on Higher than the sun?

llama

It does sniff a bit of doing it for the money, especially as they are the sort of band that keeps changing musically. But I don’t care about that TBH, they are entitled to it IMO. Wish I was going!

tang – also saw them then at glasto. I still have the photos from early the next morning, very messy.

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Saw screamadelica live on Friday night.
    Was a simply sublime superb gig. I thought it was played exactly how it should have been. Higher than the sun was immense. As you’d expect there was a lot of late thirties/early forties blokes (like me)re-living the vibe.
    Did the gig sound good on 6music?

rewski
    Free Member

Had another listen of higher than the sun on iplayer, sounds pretty awesome, not quite as good as the gig but I had had 10 bottles of tuborg 😀

Markie
    Free Member

Did the gig sound good on 6music?

It sounded awesome, but awesome played through a filter of regret… hearing it sound so mighty through headphones, and only being able to imagine what it must be like in Olympia!

I agree Yellow, the played the songs the way I wanted them to be played, perfect!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to see Primal Scream perform Screamadelica tonight?’ is closed to new replies.