• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone going to Islabikes family day on 27th?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Our eldest girl (3 and a half) is just about ready to progress from her Rothan balance bike onto a pedally one, so we're booked for a demo on their "family" day on the 27th. Funny how I'm getting the same "new bike excitement syndrome" as I do when I get one of my own, and thankfully in her case it's a bit cheaper :-). She can scoot along rather nicely these days, and she can pedal a trike really well, so I'm hoping she's going to take to pedalling a 2-wheeled bike reasonably well. Of course, the most exciting bit of all is that the new bike will have "pink bits"! I'll probably resist the temptation to take her for a spin over the Malverns on the way home, but seeing your little'un making progress on a bike is a nice moment for a daddy 😀

Spud

Yep we're going! Hoping to get our 2yo using her Rothan by then. 3 1/2 yo flying along on his first proper bike. Good excuse for a weekend away.

takisawa2

Planning to go along also. Thinking of taking the caravan & having a weekend over there. Went over there last Nov when we bought our boys their Rothan & Cnoc for Xmas. The staff are superb, really good at coaching. They've a really good little test track at the back of the shop. Booking a time means you have the staff member to yourselves for 30mins. Felt bad Xmas when the eldest lads friends all had new bikes & were whizzing around on stabilisers, while he was wobbling about but he's almost there now & will by-pass the whole stabiliser thing.
    Lovely part of the world also. Ludlow is nice, great castle.

ddmonkey

Love to but the Mrs said no! 🙁

heihei

We're going to be there with our 2, along with another family. Making a weekend of it in Ludlow. Can't wait!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Great stuff, looks like it'll be a fun day. I'm sure I'll see some of you guys there, not that I'll know who the heck you are of course!

ski
    Free Member

Yep, will be there, my oldest who is six, is looking at getting a BEINN20 to replace the CONC16, will be her 3rd Islabike. She is not looking forward to having gears mind 😉

Spud

Lookout for a bright green Rothan! And a Kamikaze 3 1/2 yo on his Cnoc!

lister

A bit of inspiration for you pedalhead:

He went from a Rothan to a Cnoc16 and he loves it…spent some time on it without pedals and now is really getting the hand of pedalling.

Cos he's only young (3.5) the gearing seems abit hard for him, even on the flat, but I guess his legs will soon get used to it.

pedalhead
    Free Member

That's excellent, Lister :-). I didn't realise there was a cnoc16…I've requested a cnoc14. Will have to try both for size I think.

lister

We had to decide/guess which size to go for, glad we went for the bigger one, he's got really long legs and while it looks slightly too big now, it'll do him for ages…

When I asked on here another interesting thing that came up was that 16 inch is the smallest size you can get a decent knobbly tyre in so he can have more off road potential in the future as well.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have been looking at getting one of these bikes. Looks like a day out with the nipper and the credit card.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Our 3-yr-old is extremely excited about trying her first proper bicycle with pedals tomorrow. Have been using the prospect of tomorrow as bribery for the past few weeks. Will need something else soon!

I think I'll be wearing my Turner Bikes T-shirt…say hello if you see us 🙂

igm

lister – Our three and a half year old had similar gearing problems. A trip to the LBS and £10 later and the 32:18 had become 32:20 – problem solved. Cheaper if you buy on line but you need a freewheel tool.

If you do it make sure you do the free wheel up tight 'cos little legs don't have the power to tighten freewheels.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to Islabikes family day on 27th?’ is closed to new replies.