• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wors.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone go to RAF Waddington today?
  • tomhoward

Bloody good it was, not a cloud in the sky, watching the battle of Britain memorial lanc, spit and hurricane thunder over, followed by the blades display team, then a stunning red arrows performance.

Then there was an excited silence, followed by a howl, then BOOM as the Vulcan took off! Breathtaking! Sadly I’m not old enough to remember these in active service but boy am I glad I’ve seen it now!

Then some hooligan in an F16 decided some car alarms needed testing. With his afterburner. The whole car park was chirping away!

Awesome day, pics to follow 🙂

Mikkel
    Free Member

yes fantastic day, i feel like i have been afterburned too, who would have thought that would happen in UK un July :0)

I am currently looking through the 1800 pictures and deciding which ones to upload to my flickr account.

I have seen 6 Vulcans in low formation over southern Denmark as a kid 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

CountZero

Now that’s a good photo!
    #jealous,me?

mrmoofo

I found out 5 days ago that my uncle was based at RAF Waddington during the war.
    He was part of Bomber Command and killed on August 4th 1942.

1981miked
    Free Member

I was there aswell, drove down Thursday evening and staying with the wife’s sister in Newark, weather has been absolutely superb, can’t believe the difference in temperature from Dundee to here!

Yesterday was fantastic, the flying and static displays were really good. Battle of Britain memorial flight was thought provoking and immense to watch as always, the Lancaster is a huge lump of aircraft when seen from such close quarters, the Spitfire is simply gorgeous to watch and listen to, and I can see why they named it the Hurricane… It was covering the distance from one end of runway to the other at a good rate of knots.

Vulcan never fails to impress.. End of!

Great day and is come back again next year.

Car temperature gauge said 33 degrees aswell.. 😯

Mikkel
    Free Member

Here is a “small” selection from the 1800 pictures i took during the day.

IMG_0846

IMG_1677 by msh_sco, on Flickr

IMG_2495 by msh_sco, on Flickr

andyl
    Free Member

my first airfix model was one of those 😀

That photo of the red arrows is fantastic, look how perfect their formation is.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Not sure it was my first, but i also had an Alpha Jet in Patrouille de France colours 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Unless you lot are Yanks, ‘reheat’ Gentlemen please….

monkeychild
    Free Member

I was there working on Saturday as usual (with the RAF cycling and Scott guys) The airshow is great, but it’s a right pain in the bum for us posted at Waddo 😉

Mikkel
    Free Member

boblo – Member

Not a yank but not British either.

and i think more people will know what afterburner is compared to reheat ;0)

rickt
    Free Member

Great thread.. Would love to see more photos.

Cheers

ebygomm
    Free Member

wors

I went, brother in law was in charge of some of the displays. Thought it was great, the Vulcan is a beast! Weather great too!

CountZero

boblo – Member

I’m English, I call it afterburner, and reheat. Sue me.
    Ebygomm, yet more excellent photos! The Red Arrows love-heart is lovely. Perfect sky for getting exposures right.

Mikkel
    Free Member

My 70-300mm lens actually overheated and had to left under table to cool off
    My link further up takes you to 180 some pictures btw ;0)

boblo
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

I’m English, I call it afterburner, and reheat. Sue me.

And there lies the problem with the world today…. 😉

wors

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone go to RAF Waddington today?’ is closed to new replies.