Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone go to Boomtown?
  • acidtest
    Free Member

OMG was it mental or what?!

sandwicheater

Went to Plymouth once.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nah was all bustville

convert

Drove past the place after it was all over – **** me the rubbish left behind by the sort of people that go to festivals these days is disgusting – both from a wasteful/consumerist perspective but also a ‘someone else will clear up after me so I’ll behave like a tosser’ perspective. Napalming the place (when full) would bring the national cockometer rating down no end.

frogstomp

Well, they had a good go at the car park at any rate:

convert

😀

acidtest
    Free Member

Drove past the place after it was all over – **** me the rubbish left behind by the sort of people that go to festivals these days is disgusting – both from a wasteful/consumerist perspective but also a ‘someone else will clear up after me so I’ll behave like a tosser’ perspective. Napalming the place (when full) would bring the national cockometer rating down no end.

Yeah it’s disgusting the way some people treat their environment.

Lifer
    Free Member

Been the last few years but couldn’t this year, was right in the middle of a training course 😥

Yes, it’s awesome. And yes, it’s disgusting the amount of rubbish left behind, especially considering you get £10 back if you hand in a full rubbish bag at the end.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Coming back from my hols I stopped at a service station with a lot of Boomtown peeps – mangled, felt rather jealous.

acidtest
    Free Member

Been to a lot of festivals over the years and this was my third year at Boomtown and it was the best by far. The amount of organisation and effort that goes into it is mind blowing. Obviously festivals aren’t for everyone but if you enjoy them then you have put it on your list.

ajantom

Was the first year in the last 6 I haven’t played there with my band. Felt rather odd not to be there tbh. Even had my stag do there 4 years ago (I ended up severely hungover for our gig 🙁 )
    Had a nice holiday in the lakes this year….much healthier!

avdave2

Yes, it’s awesome. And yes, it’s disgusting the amount of rubbish left behind, especially considering you get £10 back if you hand in a full rubbish bag at the end.

My daughter went and got her £10 for filling her binbag, If I paid her at the same rate at home for putting her crap in the bin I reckon I could owe her as much as 25p

acidtest
    Free Member

You could try “you’re not going next year unless you sort your sh!t out”. Might work for a few hours.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i assume this isnt boomtown in ghent …. was epic when i was there a couple years back and the people were friendly and most of all – the place was fairly clean !

avdave2

You could try “you’re not going next year unless you sort your sh!t out”. Might work for a few hours.

I tell you what, how about you come and tell her that acidtest! 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I went a couple of years ago and had my bin bag full, ready to claim my tenner back. Someone nicked the bag!

acidtest
    Free Member

I tell you what, how about you come and tell her that acidtest!

Think I’ll pass, sounds scary.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone go to Boomtown?’ is closed to new replies.